Bitter Melon vs Broccoli: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Less Calories in Bitter melon
At first glance, you can see that in bitter melon is much less calories than in broccoli.
Bitter melon has 17 kcal per 100g and broccoli 34 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 100%.
In bitter melon and in broccoli most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bitter melon with broccoli in details.
Bitter melon And Broccoli Nutrition Difference
Broccoli vs Bitter melon: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bitter melon||Broccoli|
|Carbohydrates||3.7 g||6.64 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.37 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||2.6 g|
|Protein||1 g||2.82 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||47 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||0.73 mg|
|Magnessium||17 mg||21 mg|
|Potassium||296 mg||316 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||33 mg|
|Zink||0.8 mg||0.41 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.071 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.117 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.4 mg||0.639 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.212 mg||0.573 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.043 mg||0.175 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||72 mg||63 mg|
|Vitaminium C||84 mg||89.2 mg|
|Beta karoten||185 mg||361 mg|
Less protein in bitter melon
It is aslo easy to see see that in bitter melon is less protein than in broccoli.
There is 2.82g per 100g of broccoli and 1g per 100g of bitter melon so using simple math we can see that difference is about 182%.
Less carbohydrates in bitter melon
In bitter melon is less carbohydrates than in broccoli.
There is 6.64g/100g of carbohydrates in broccoli and 3.7g/100g in bitter melon so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 79%.
Less fat in bitter melon
In bitter melon is less fats than in broccoli.
The tables above show us that there is 0.37g/100g of fats in broccoli and 0.17g/100g in bitter melon. In this case difference is about 118%.
- Carbohydrates3.7 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup | boiled
- 73% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: broccoli vs bitter melon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
broccoli - 78% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
broccoli - 193% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
broccoli - 60% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B5:
broccoli - 170% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B6:
broccoli - 307% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
bitter melon - 14% more than broccoli
- Vitaminium C:
broccoli - 6% more than bitter melon
- Beta karoten:
broccoli - 95% more than bitter melon
Minerals: bitter melon vs broccoli
Compares of bitter melon
- Bitter Melon vs Artichoke
- Bitter Melon vs Broccoli
- Bitter Melon vs Brussels Sprouts
- Bitter Melon vs Carrot
- Bitter Melon vs Cauliflower
- Bitter Melon vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bitter melon
Compares of broccoli
- Calories from Bitter melon
- Calories of Bok choy lettuce
- Calories in Calabash
- Broccoli calories per 100g
- Rapini carbs per 100g
- Brussels sprouts protein per 100g
- Butternut squash fat per 100g
- How many calories does cabbage have?
- Calories in a half of cassava
- Calories in whole cassava
- Calories for one, two or more cassavas
- How much protein in cauliflower?
- Bitter Melon vs Brussels Sprouts nutrition
- Bitter Melon vs Carrot calories
- Bitter Melon vs Cauliflower protein
- Bitter Melon vs Eggplant sugar
- Bitter Melon vs Kale vitamins
- Bitter Melon vs Moringa dietary fiber
- Bitter Melon vs Okra vitaminium C
- Bitter Melon vs Onion magnessium
- Bitter Melon vs Potato potassium