Bitter Melon vs Eggplant: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bitter melon
At first glance, you can see that in bitter melon is less calories than in eggplant.
Bitter melon has 17 kcal per 100g and eggplant 24 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 41%.
In bitter melon and in eggplant most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bitter melon with eggplant in details.
Fact 2: Bitter melon And Eggplant Nutrition Difference
Eggplant vs Bitter melon: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bitter melon||Eggplant|
|Carbohydrates||3.7 g||5.7 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.19 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||3.4 g|
|Protein||1 g||1 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||0.24 mg|
|Magnessium||17 mg||14 mg|
|Potassium||296 mg||230 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||0.8 mg||0.16 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.037 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.4 mg||0.649 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.212 mg||0.281 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.043 mg||0.084 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||72 mg||22 mg|
|Vitaminium C||84 mg||2.2 mg|
The same amount of protein
It is aslo easy to see see that there is the same amount of protein in bitter melon and eggplant - 1g/100g.
Less carbohydrates in bitter melon
In bitter melon is less carbohydrates than in eggplant.
There is 5.7g/100g of carbohydrates in eggplant and 3.7g/100g in bitter melon so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 54%.
Less fat in bitter melon
In bitter melon is less fats than in eggplant.
The tables above show us that there is 0.19g/100g of fats in eggplant and 0.17g/100g in bitter melon. In this case difference is about 12%.
- Carbohydrates3.7 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup | boiled
- 73% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: eggplant vs bitter melon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): bitter melon 3% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): bitter melon 8% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): eggplant 62% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B5: eggplant 33% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B6: eggplant 95% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): bitter melon 227% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium C: bitter melon 3718% more than eggplant
Minerals: bitter melon vs eggplant
Compares of bitter melon
- Bitter Melon vs Artichoke
- Bitter Melon vs Broccoli
- Bitter Melon vs Brussels Sprouts
- Bitter Melon vs Carrot
- Bitter Melon vs Cauliflower
- Bitter Melon vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bitter melon
Compares of eggplant
- Calories from Bitter melon
- Calories of Bok choy lettuce
- Calories in Calabash
- Broccoli calories per 100g
- Rapini carbs per 100g
- Brussels sprouts protein per 100g
- Butternut squash fat per 100g
- How many calories does cabbage have?
- Calories in a half of cassava
- Calories in whole cassava
- Calories for one, two or more cassavas
- How much protein in cauliflower?