Banana vs Pineapple: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Banana
At first glance, you can see that in banana is much more calories than in pineapple.
Banana has 89 kcal per 100g and pineapple 50 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 78 %.
In banana and in pineapple most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare banana with pineapple in details.
Fact 2: Banana And Pineapple Nutrition Difference
Pineapple vs Banana: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||22.84 g||13.52 g|
|Fat||0.33 g||0.12 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||1.4 g|
|Protein||1.09 g||0.54 g|
|Calcium||5 mg||13 mg|
|Iron||0.26 mg||0.29 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||12 mg|
|Phosphorus||22 mg||8 mg|
|Potassium||358 mg||109 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||0.15 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.031 mg||0.079 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.073 mg||0.018 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.665 mg||0.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.367 mg||0.112 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||20 mg||18 mg|
|Vitaminium C||8.7 mg||47.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.1 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.5 mg||0.07 mg|
|Beta karoten||26 mg||35 mg|
More protein in banana
It is aslo easy to see see that in banana is more protein than in pineapple.
There is 0.54g per 100g of pineapple and 1.09g per 100g of banana so using simple math we can see that difference is about 102 %.
More carbohydrates in banana
In banana is more carbohydrates than in pineapple.
There is 13.52g/100g of carbohydrates in pineapple and 22.84g/100g in banana so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 69 %.
More fat in banana
In banana is more fats than in pineapple.
The tables above show us that there is 0.12g/100g of fats in pineapple and 0.33g/100g in banana. In this case difference is about 175 %.
- Carbohydrates22.84 g
- Fat0.33 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein1.09 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | mashed | cup | sliced
- 93% CARBS.
- 4% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: pineapple vs banana
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): pineapple 155% more than banana
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): banana 306% more than pineapple
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): banana 33% more than pineapple
- Vitaminium B6: banana 228% more than pineapple
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): banana 11% more than pineapple
- Vitaminium C: pineapple 449% more than banana
- Vitaminium E: banana 400% more than pineapple
- Vitaminium K: banana 614% more than pineapple
- Beta karoten: pineapple 35% more than banana
Minerals: banana vs pineapple
Compares of banana
- Banana vs Apple
- Banana vs Apricot
- Banana vs Avocado
- Banana vs Blackberries
- Banana vs Blueberries
- Banana vs Melon
- see all compares of banana
Compares of pineapple
- Calories from Banana
- Calories of Apple
- Calories in Blackberries
- Blackcurrant calories per 100g
- Blueberries carbs per 100g
- Melon protein per 100g
- Cherimoya fat per 100g
- How many calories do cherries have?
- Calories in a half of dates
- Calories in whole dates
- Calories for one, two or more dates
- Calories in handful of dates
- How much protein in durian?