Whole Milk vs Breast Milk: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Whole milk
At first glance, you can see that in whole milk is less calories than in breast milk.
Whole milk has 61 kcal per 100g and breast milk 70 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 15%.
In whole milk and in breast milk most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare whole milk with breast milk in details.
Fact 2: Whole milk And Breast milk Nutrition Difference
Breast milk vs Whole milk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Whole milk||Breast milk|
|Carbohydrates||4.46 g||6.89 g|
|Fat||3.46 g||4.38 g|
|Protein||3.1 g||1.03 g|
|Water||88.2 g||87.5 g|
|Calcium||101 mg||32 mg|
|Iron||0.05 mg||0.03 mg|
|Magnessium||5 mg||3 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.3 mg||0.3 mg|
|Potassium||253 mg||51 mg|
|Sodium||3 mg||17 mg|
|Zink||0.3 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.02 mg||0.014 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.105 mg||0.036 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.043 mg||0.177 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.034 mg||0.011 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.9 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.08 mg|
More protein in whole milk
It is aslo easy to see see that in whole milk is more protein than in breast milk.
There is 1.03g per 100g of breast milk and 3.1g per 100g of whole milk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 201%.
Less carbohydrates in whole milk
In whole milk is less carbohydrates than in breast milk.
There is 6.89g/100g of carbohydrates in breast milk and 4.46g/100g in whole milk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 54%.
Less fat in whole milk
In whole milk is less fats than in breast milk.
The tables above show us that there is 4.38g/100g of fats in breast milk and 3.46g/100g in whole milk. In this case difference is about 27%.
- Carbohydrates4.46 g
- Fat3.46 g
- Protein3.1 g
- Water88.2 g
100g | ounce | glass | cup | small glass | cup | half cup
- 29% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 51% FAT
Vitamins: breast milk vs whole milk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): whole milk 43% more than breast milk
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): whole milk 192% more than breast milk
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): breast milk 312% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B6: whole milk 209% more than breast milk
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): breast milk 0% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium C: breast milk 456% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium E: breast milk 0% more than whole milk
Minerals: whole milk vs breast milk
- Calcium: whole milk 216% more than breast milk
- Iron: whole milk 67% more than breast milk
- Magnessium: whole milk 67% more than breast milk
- Phosphorus: breast milk 0% more than whole milk
- Potassium: whole milk 396% more than breast milk
- Sodium: breast milk 467% more than whole milk
- Zink: breast milk 0% more than whole milk
Compares of whole milk
- Whole Milk vs Cottage Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Gouda Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Buttermilk
- Whole Milk vs Goat Milk
- Whole Milk vs Breast Milk
- Whole Milk vs Sheep Milk
- see all compares of whole milk
Compares of breast milk
- Calories from Whole milk
- Calories of Chicken
- Calories in Lemon juice
- Coffee calories per 100g
- Cocoa carbs per 100g
- Stromboli protein per 100g
- Moo Goo Gai Pan fat per 100g
- How many calories does Boost have?
- Calories in a half of chicken patty
- Calories in whole chicken patty
- Calories for one, two or more chicken patties
- How much protein in brandy and cola?