Turnip vs Garlic: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Turnip
At first glance, you can see that in turnip is much less calories than in garlic.
Turnip has 28 kcal per 100g and garlic 149 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 432%.
In turnip and in garlic most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare turnip with garlic in details.
Fact 2: Turnip And Garlic Nutrition Difference
Garlic vs Turnip: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||6.43 g||33.06 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.5 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.8 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||0.9 g||6.36 g|
|Calcium||30 mg||181 mg|
|Iron||0.3 mg||1.7 mg|
|Magnessium||11 mg||25 mg|
|Potassium||233 mg||401 mg|
|Sodium||39 mg||153 mg|
|Zink||0.27 mg||1.16 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.03 mg||0.11 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.4 mg||0.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.2 mg||0.596 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.09 mg||1.235 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||15 mg||3 mg|
|Vitaminium C||21 mg||31.2 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.03 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.1 mg||1.7 mg|
Less protein in turnip
It is aslo easy to see see that in turnip is less protein than in garlic.
There is 6.36g per 100g of garlic and 0.9g per 100g of turnip so using simple math we can see that difference is about 607%.
Less carbohydrates in turnip
In turnip is less carbohydrates than in garlic.
There is 33.06g/100g of carbohydrates in garlic and 6.43g/100g in turnip so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 414%.
Less fat in turnip
In turnip is less fats than in garlic.
The tables above show us that there is 0.5g/100g of fats in garlic and 0.1g/100g in turnip. In this case difference is about 400%.
- Carbohydrates6.43 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber1.8 g
- Protein0.9 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 85% CARBS.
- 12% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: garlic vs turnip
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): garlic 400% more than turnip
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): garlic 267% more than turnip
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): garlic 75% more than turnip
- Vitaminium B5: garlic 198% more than turnip
- Vitaminium B6: garlic 1272% more than turnip
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): turnip 400% more than garlic
- Vitaminium C: garlic 49% more than turnip
- Vitaminium E: garlic 167% more than turnip
- Vitaminium K: garlic 1600% more than turnip
Minerals: turnip vs garlic
Compares of turnip
- Turnip vs Asparagus
- Turnip vs Bamboo Shoots
- Turnip vs Beetroot
- Turnip vs Broccoli
- Turnip vs Butternut Squash
- Turnip vs Cabbage
- see all compares of turnip
Compares of garlic
- Calories from Turnip
- Calories of Watercress
- Calories in Winged bean
- Yam calories per 100g
- Zucchini carbs per 100g
- Almonds protein per 100g
- Buckwheat fat per 100g
- How many calories do brazil nuts have?
- Calories in a half of chestnuts
- Calories in whole chestnuts
- Calories for one, two or more chestnuts
- Calories in handful of chestnuts
- How much protein in chia seeds?