Lettuce vs Onion: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Lettuce
At first glance, you can see that in lettuce is much less calories than in onion.
Lettuce has 15 kcal per 100g and onion 40 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 167%.
In lettuce and in onion most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare lettuce with onion in details.
Fact 2: Lettuce And Onion Nutrition Difference
Onion vs Lettuce: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||2.87 g||9.34 g|
|Fat||0.15 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.3 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||1.36 g||1.1 g|
|Calcium||36 mg||23 mg|
|Magnessium||13 mg||10 mg|
|Phosphorus||29 mg||29 mg|
|Potassium||194 mg||146 mg|
|Sodium||28 mg||4 mg|
|Zink||0.18 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.07 mg||0.046 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.08 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.375 mg||0.116 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.134 mg||0.123 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.09 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||38 mg||19 mg|
|Vitaminium C||9.2 mg||7.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.29 mg||0.02 mg|
|Beta karoten||4443 mg||1 mg|
More protein in lettuce
It is aslo easy to see see that in lettuce is more protein than in onion.
There is 1.1g per 100g of onion and 1.36g per 100g of lettuce so using simple math we can see that difference is about 24%.
Less carbohydrates in lettuce
In lettuce is less carbohydrates than in onion.
There is 9.34g/100g of carbohydrates in onion and 2.87g/100g in lettuce so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 225%.
More fat in lettuce
In lettuce is more fats than in onion.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in onion and 0.15g/100g in lettuce. In this case difference is about 50%.
- Carbohydrates2.87 g
- Fat0.15 g
- Dietary fiber1.3 g
- Protein1.36 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | chopped | 1 large leaf
- 63% CARBS.
- 30% PROTEIN
- 7% FAT
Vitamins: onion vs lettuce
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): lettuce 52% more than onion
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): lettuce 196% more than onion
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): lettuce 223% more than onion
- Vitaminium B5: lettuce 9% more than onion
- Vitaminium B6: onion 33% more than lettuce
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): lettuce 100% more than onion
- Vitaminium C: lettuce 24% more than onion
- Vitaminium E: lettuce 1350% more than onion
- Beta karoten: lettuce 444200% more than onion
Minerals: lettuce vs onion
Compares of lettuce
- Lettuce vs Artichoke
- Lettuce vs Arugula
- Lettuce vs Asparagus
- Lettuce vs Pepper
- Lettuce vs Bok Choy
- Lettuce vs Broccoli
- see all compares of lettuce
Compares of onion
- Calories from Lettuce
- Calories of Lima beans
- Calories in Lotus root
- Moringa calories per 100g
- Mustard greens carbs per 100g
- Okra protein per 100g
- Onion fat per 100g
- How many calories do parsnips have?
- Calories in a half of potato
- Calories in whole potato
- Calories for one, two or more potatoes
- How much protein in pumpkin?