Lentil vs Garbanzo Beans: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Lentil
At first glance, you can see that in lentil is much less calories than in garbanzo beans.
Lentil has 116 kcal per 100g and garbanzo beans 378 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 226%.
In lentil and in garbanzo bean most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare lentil with garbanzo beans in details.
Fact 2: Lentil And Garbanzo beans Nutrition Difference
Garbanzo beans vs Lentil: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Lentil||Garbanzo beans|
|Carbohydrates||20.13 g||62.95 g|
|Fat||0.38 g||6.04 g|
|Dietary fiber||7.9 g||12.2 g|
|Protein||9.02 g||20.47 g|
|Water||69.64 g||7.68 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||57 mg|
|Iron||3.33 mg||4.31 mg|
|Magnessium||36 mg||79 mg|
|Potassium||369 mg||718 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.169 mg||0.477 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.073 mg||0.212 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.06 mg||1.541 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.178 mg||0.535 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.181 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.5 mg||4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.11 mg||0.82 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.009 mg|
Less protein in lentil
It is aslo easy to see see that in lentil is less protein than in garbanzo beans.
There is 20.47g per 100g of garbanzo beans and 9.02g per 100g of lentil so using simple math we can see that difference is about 127%.
Less carbohydrates in lentil
In lentil is less carbohydrates than in garbanzo beans.
There is 62.95g/100g of carbohydrates in garbanzo beans and 20.13g/100g in lentil so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 213%.
Less fat in lentil
In lentil is less fats than in garbanzo beans.
The tables above show us that there is 6.04g/100g of fats in garbanzo beans and 0.38g/100g in lentil. In this case difference is about 1489%.
- Carbohydrates20.13 g
- Fat0.38 g
- Dietary fiber7.9 g
- Protein9.02 g
- Water69.64 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | glass
- 67% CARBS.
- 30% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: garbanzo beans vs lentil
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): garbanzo beans 182% more than lentil
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): garbanzo beans 190% more than lentil
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): garbanzo beans 45% more than lentil
- Vitaminium B6: garbanzo beans 201% more than lentil
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): garbanzo beans 208% more than lentil
- Vitaminium C: garbanzo beans 167% more than lentil
- Vitaminium E: garbanzo beans 645% more than lentil
- Vitaminium K: garbanzo beans 350% more than lentil
Minerals: lentil vs garbanzo beans
Compares of lentil
- Lentil vs Asparagus
- Lentil vs Broccoli
- Lentil vs Cabbage
- Lentil vs Cassava
- Lentil vs Fava Beans
- Lentil vs Lima Beans
- see all compares of lentil
Compares of garbanzo bean
- Calories from Lentil
- Calories of McChicken
- Calories in Croissant
- Gorgonzola calories per 100g
- Buttermilk carbs per 100g
- Chicken breast protein per 100g
- Orange juice fat per 100g
- How many calories does cider have?
- Calories in a half of Tabbouleh
- Calories in whole Tabbouleh
- Calories for one, two or more Tabbouleh
- How much protein in McFlurry McDonald's?