Chicken Breast vs Turkey Breast: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Chicken breast
At first glance, you can see that in chicken breast is much more calories than in turkey breast.
Chicken breast has 172 kcal per 100g and turkey breast 114 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 51%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in chicken breast cames from fat and in turkey breast from protein.
See tables below to compare chicken breast with turkey breast in details.
Fact 2: Chicken breast And Turkey breast Nutrition Difference
Turkey breast vs Chicken breast: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chicken breast||Turkey breast|
|Fat||9.25 g||1.48 g|
|Protein||20.85 g||23.66 g|
|Water||69.46 g||74.89 g|
|Calcium||11 mg||11 mg|
|Iron||0.74 mg||0.73 mg|
|Magnessium||25 mg||28 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.4 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||220 mg||242 mg|
|Sodium||63 mg||113 mg|
|Zink||0.4 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.063 mg||0.042 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.085 mg||0.145 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||9.908 mg||9.924 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.53 mg||0.813 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.004 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.27 mg||0.06 mg|
Less protein in chicken breast
It is aslo easy to see see that in chicken breast is less protein than in turkey breast.
There is 23.66g per 100g of turkey breast and 20.85g per 100g of chicken breast so using simple math we can see that difference is about 13%.
More fat in chicken breast
In chicken breast is more fats than in turkey breast.
The tables above show us that there is 1.48g/100g of fats in turkey breast and 9.25g/100g in chicken breast. In this case difference is about 525%.
- Fat9.25 g
- Protein20.85 g
- Water69.46 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 50% PROTEIN
- 50% FAT
Vitamins: turkey breast vs chicken breast
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chicken breast 50% more than turkey breast
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): turkey breast 71% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): turkey breast 0% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B6: turkey breast 53% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): turkey breast 75% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium E: chicken breast 350% more than turkey breast
Minerals: chicken breast vs turkey breast
- Calcium: turkey breast 0% more than chicken breast
- Iron: chicken breast 1% more than turkey breast
- Magnessium: turkey breast 12% more than chicken breast
- Phosphorus: chicken breast 300% more than turkey breast
- Potassium: turkey breast 10% more than chicken breast
- Sodium: turkey breast 79% more than chicken breast
- Zink: chicken breast 300% more than turkey breast
Compares of chicken breast
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken Leg
- Chicken Breast vs Goose Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Duck Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Turkey Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Pork
- see all compares of chicken breast
Compares of turkey breast
- Calories from Chicken breast
- Calories of Orange juice
- Calories in Cider
- Pork neck calories per 100g
- Tabbouleh carbs per 100g
- McFlurry McDonald's protein per 100g
- Kolache fat per 100g
- How many calories does injera have?
- Calories in a half of brandy
- Calories in whole brandy
- Calories for one, two or more brandy
- Calories in glass of brandy
- Calories in cup of brandy
- Calories in shot (small glass) of brandy
- How much protein in salmon patty?
- Chicken Breast vs Pork nutrition
- Chicken Breast vs Minced Pork calories
- Chicken Breast vs Minced Beef protein
- Chicken Breast vs Veal sugar
- Chicken Breast vs Rabbit vitamins
- Chicken Breast vs Beef Jerky dietary fiber
- Chicken Breast vs Steak vitaminium C
- Chicken Breast vs Frog Legs magnessium
- Chicken Breast vs Pork Chop potassium