Chicken Breast vs Leg: Where is More Protein and Calories?
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Less Calories in Chicken breast
At first glance, you can see that in chicken breast is less calories than in chicken leg.
Chicken breast has 172 kcal per 100g and chicken leg 214 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 24%.
In chicken breast and in chicken leg most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare chicken breast with chicken leg in details.
Chicken breast And Chicken leg Nutrition Difference
Chicken leg vs Chicken breast: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chicken breast||Chicken legs|
|Fat||9.25 g||15.95 g|
|Protein||20.85 g||16.37 g|
|Water||69.46 g||67.3 g|
|Calcium||11 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||0.74 mg||0.69 mg|
|Magnessium||25 mg||19 mg|
|Potassium||220 mg||203 mg|
|Sodium||63 mg||84 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.063 mg||0.073 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.085 mg||0.141 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||9.908 mg||4.733 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.53 mg||0.318 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.004 mg||0.004 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.27 mg||0.22 mg|
More protein in chicken breast
It is aslo easy to see see that in chicken breast is more protein than in chicken leg.
There is 16.37g per 100g of chicken leg and 20.85g per 100g of chicken breast so using simple math we can see that difference is about 27%.
Less fat in chicken breast
In chicken breast is less fats than in chicken leg.
The tables above show us that there is 15.95g/100g of fats in chicken leg and 9.25g/100g in chicken breast. In this case difference is about 72%.
- Fat9.25 g
- Protein20.85 g
- Water69.46 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 50% PROTEIN
- 50% FAT
Vitamins: chicken leg vs chicken breast
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
chicken leg - 16% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
chicken leg - 66% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
chicken breast - 109% more than chicken leg
- Vitaminium B6:
chicken breast - 67% more than chicken leg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
chicken leg - 0% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium E:
chicken breast - 23% more than chicken leg
Compares of chicken breast
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken Leg
- Chicken Breast vs Goose Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Duck Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Turkey Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Pork
- see all compares of chicken breast
Compares of chicken leg
- Calories from Chicken breast
- Calories of Orange juice
- Calories in Cider
- Pork neck calories per 100g
- Tabbouleh carbs per 100g
- McFlurry McDonald's protein per 100g
- Kolache fat per 100g
- How many calories does injera have?
- Calories in a half of brandy
- Calories in whole brandy
- Calories for one, two or more brandy
- Calories in glass of brandy
- Calories in cup of brandy
- Calories in shot (small glass) of brandy
- How much protein in salmon patty?
- Chicken Breast vs Goose Breast nutrition
- Chicken Breast vs Duck Breast calories
- Chicken Breast vs Turkey Breast protein
- Chicken Breast vs Pork sugar
- Chicken Breast vs Minced Pork vitamins
- Chicken Breast vs Minced Beef dietary fiber
- Chicken Breast vs Veal vitaminium C
- Chicken Breast vs Rabbit magnessium
- Chicken Breast vs Beef Jerky potassium