Brown Rice vs Couscous: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Brown rice
At first glance, you can see that in brown rice is much more calories than in couscous.
Brown rice has 370 kcal per 100g and couscous 112 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 230%.
In brown rice and in couscous most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare brown rice with couscous in details.
Fact 2: Brown rice And Couscous Nutrition Difference
Couscous vs Brown rice: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Brown rice||Couscous|
|Carbohydrates||78.68 g||23.22 g|
|Fat||2.75 g||0.16 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.5 g||1.4 g|
|Protein||7.6 g||3.79 g|
|Water||9.82 g||72.57 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||8 mg|
|Iron||1.16 mg||0.38 mg|
|Magnessium||98 mg||8 mg|
|Potassium||219 mg||58 mg|
|Sodium||6 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.277 mg||0.063 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.092 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.973 mg||0.983 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.407 mg||0.051 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.014 mg||0.015 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.09 mg||0.13 mg|
More protein in brown rice
It is aslo easy to see see that in brown rice is more protein than in couscous.
There is 3.79g per 100g of couscous and 7.6g per 100g of brown rice so using simple math we can see that difference is about 101%.
More carbohydrates in brown rice
In brown rice is more carbohydrates than in couscous.
There is 23.22g/100g of carbohydrates in couscous and 78.68g/100g in brown rice so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 239%.
More fat in brown rice
In brown rice is more fats than in couscous.
The tables above show us that there is 0.16g/100g of fats in couscous and 2.75g/100g in brown rice. In this case difference is about 1619%.
- Carbohydrates78.68 g
- Fat2.75 g
- Dietary fiber3.5 g
- Protein7.6 g
- Water9.82 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | glass | cup | cup | half cup
- 85% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 7% FAT
Vitamins: couscous vs brown rice
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): brown rice 340% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): brown rice 241% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): brown rice 406% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B6: brown rice 698% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): couscous 7% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium E: couscous 44% more than brown rice
Minerals: brown rice vs couscous
Compares of brown rice
- Brown Rice vs Buckwheat
- Brown Rice vs Millet
- Brown Rice vs Oats
- Brown Rice vs Wild Rice
- Brown Rice vs Black Beans
- Brown Rice vs Red Lentils
- see all compares of brown rice
Compares of couscous
- Calories from Brown rice
- Calories of Breakfast sausage
- Calories in Chocolate covered almond
- Vegetable soup calories per 100g
- Cooked pinto beans carbs per 100g
- Dark chocolate protein per 100g
- Pork belly fat per 100g
- How many calories does Swiss cheese have?
- Calories in glass of grape juice
- How much protein in red wine?
- Brown Rice vs Millet nutrition
- Brown Rice vs Raw Pasta calories
- Fluor vs Oat Flour protein
- Flour vs Almond Flour sugar
- Arrowroot Flour vs Fluor vitamins
- Potato Flour vs Wheat Flour dietary fiber
- Potato Flour vs Arrowroot Flour vitaminium C
- Potato Flour vs Cornstarch magnessium
- Potato Flour vs All-Purpose Flour potassium