Banana vs Melon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Banana
At first glance, you can see that in banana is much more calories than in melon.
Banana has 89 kcal per 100g and melon 34 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 162%.
In banana and in melon most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare banana with melon in details.
Fact 2: Banana And Melon Nutrition Difference
Melon vs Banana: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||22.84 g||8.6 g|
|Fat||0.33 g||0.19 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||0.9 g|
|Protein||1.09 g||0.84 g|
|Calcium||5 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||0.26 mg||0.21 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||12 mg|
|Potassium||358 mg||267 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||0.15 mg||0.18 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.031 mg||0.017 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.073 mg||0.026 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.665 mg||0.734 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.334 mg||0.105 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.367 mg||0.072 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||20 mg||21 mg|
|Vitaminium C||8.7 mg||36.7 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.1 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.5 mg||2.5 mg|
|Beta karoten||26 mg||2020 mg|
More protein in banana
It is aslo easy to see see that in banana is more protein than in melon.
There is 0.84g per 100g of melon and 1.09g per 100g of banana so using simple math we can see that difference is about 30%.
More carbohydrates in banana
In banana is more carbohydrates than in melon.
There is 8.6g/100g of carbohydrates in melon and 22.84g/100g in banana so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 166%.
More fat in banana
In banana is more fats than in melon.
The tables above show us that there is 0.19g/100g of fats in melon and 0.33g/100g in banana. In this case difference is about 74%.
- Carbohydrates22.84 g
- Fat0.33 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein1.09 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | mashed | cup | sliced
- 93% CARBS.
- 4% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: melon vs banana
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): banana 82% more than melon
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): banana 181% more than melon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): melon 10% more than banana
- Vitaminium B5: banana 218% more than melon
- Vitaminium B6: banana 410% more than melon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): melon 5% more than banana
- Vitaminium C: melon 322% more than banana
- Vitaminium E: banana 100% more than melon
- Vitaminium K: melon 400% more than banana
- Beta karoten: melon 7669% more than banana
Minerals: banana vs melon
Compares of banana
- Banana vs Apple
- Banana vs Apricot
- Banana vs Avocado
- Banana vs Blackberries
- Banana vs Blueberries
- Banana vs Melon
- see all compares of banana
Compares of melon
- Calories from Banana
- Calories of Apple
- Calories in Blackberries
- Blackcurrant calories per 100g
- Blueberries carbs per 100g
- Melon protein per 100g
- Cherimoya fat per 100g
- How many calories do cherries have?
- Calories in a half of dates
- Calories in whole dates
- Calories for one, two or more dates
- Calories in handful of dates
- How much protein in durian?