Melon vs Butternut Squash: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Melon
At first glance, you can see that in melon is less calories than in butternut squash.
Melon has 34 kcal per 100g and butternut squash 45 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 32%.
In melon and in butternut squash most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare melon with butternut squash in details.
Fact 2: Melon And Butternut squash Nutrition Difference
Butternut squash vs Melon: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Melon||Butternut squash|
|Carbohydrates||8.6 g||11.69 g|
|Fat||0.19 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.9 g||2 g|
|Protein||0.84 g||1 g|
|Calcium||9 mg||48 mg|
|Iron||0.21 mg||0.7 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||34 mg|
|Potassium||267 mg||352 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||4 mg|
|Zink||0.18 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.017 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.026 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.734 mg||1.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.105 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.072 mg||0.154 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||21 mg||27 mg|
|Vitaminium C||36.7 mg||21 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.05 mg||1.44 mg|
|Vitaminium K||2.5 mg||1.1 mg|
|Beta karoten||2020 mg||4226 mg|
Less protein in melon
It is aslo easy to see see that in melon is less protein than in butternut squash.
There is 1g per 100g of butternut squash and 0.84g per 100g of melon so using simple math we can see that difference is about 19%.
Less carbohydrates in melon
In melon is less carbohydrates than in butternut squash.
There is 11.69g/100g of carbohydrates in butternut squash and 8.6g/100g in melon so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 36%.
More fat in melon
In melon is more fats than in butternut squash.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in butternut squash and 0.19g/100g in melon. In this case difference is about 90%.
- Carbohydrates8.6 g
- Fat0.19 g
- Dietary fiber0.9 g
- Protein0.84 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup | half cup
- 87% CARBS.
- 9% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: butternut squash vs melon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): butternut squash 488% more than melon
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): melon 30% more than butternut squash
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): butternut squash 63% more than melon
- Vitaminium B5: butternut squash 281% more than melon
- Vitaminium B6: butternut squash 114% more than melon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): butternut squash 29% more than melon
- Vitaminium C: melon 75% more than butternut squash
- Vitaminium E: butternut squash 2780% more than melon
- Vitaminium K: melon 127% more than butternut squash
- Beta karoten: butternut squash 109% more than melon
Minerals: melon vs butternut squash
Compares of melon
- Melon vs Apple
- Melon vs Apricot
- Melon vs Avocado
- Melon vs Banana
- Melon vs Blueberries
- Melon vs Cherries
- see all compares of melon
Compares of butternut squash
- see all compares of butternut squash
- Calories from Melon
- Calories of Cherimoya
- Calories in Cherry
- Cranberry calories per 100g
- Dates carbs per 100g
- Durian protein per 100g
- Black lilac fat per 100g
- How many calories does fejhoa have?
- Calories in handful of Goji berries
- Calories in tablespoon of Goji berries
- Calories in teaspoon of Goji berries
- How much protein in gooseberry?