All-Purpose Flour vs Pastry Flour: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in All-purpose flour
At first glance, you can see that in all-purpose flour is just a little more calories than in pastry flour.
All-purpose flour has 366 kcal per 100g and pastry flour 358 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 2%.
In all-purpose flour and in pastry flour most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare all-purpose flour with pastry flour in details.
Fact 2: All-purpose flour And Pastry flour Nutrition Difference
Pastry flour vs All-purpose flour: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||All-purpose flour||Pastry flour|
|Carbohydrates||77.3 g||77.2 g|
|Fat||1.48 g||1.64 g|
|Protein||10.9 g||8.75 g|
|Water||9.83 g||11.9 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||17 mg|
|Iron||5.62 mg||0.87 mg|
|Magnessium||26.7 mg||22.4 mg|
|Potassium||136 mg||142 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.939 mg||0.146 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||6.74 mg||0.988 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.066 mg||0.065 mg|
More protein in all-purpose flour
It is aslo easy to see see that in all-purpose flour is more protein than in pastry flour.
There is 8.75g per 100g of pastry flour and 10.9g per 100g of all-purpose flour so using simple math we can see that difference is about 25%.
More carbohydrates in all-purpose flour
In all-purpose flour is more carbohydrates than in pastry flour.
There is 77.2g/100g of carbohydrates in pastry flour and 77.3g/100g in all-purpose flour so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 0%.
Less fat in all-purpose flour
In all-purpose flour is less fats than in pastry flour.
The tables above show us that there is 1.64g/100g of fats in pastry flour and 1.48g/100g in all-purpose flour. In this case difference is about 11%.
- Carbohydrates77.3 g
- Fat1.48 g
- Protein10.9 g
- Water9.83 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 84% CARBS.
- 12% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: pastry flour vs all-purpose flour
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): all-purpose flour 543% more than pastry flour
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): all-purpose flour 582% more than pastry flour
- Vitaminium B6: all-purpose flour 2% more than pastry flour
Minerals: all-purpose flour vs pastry flour
Compares of all-purpose flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Arrowroot Flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Fluor
- All-Purpose Flour vs Potato Flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Soy Flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Wheat Flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Oat Flour
- see all compares of all-purpose flour
Compares of pastry flour
- Calories from All-purpose flour
- Calories of Mussels
- Calories in Lo Mein
- Red Bull calories per 100g
- Mushrooms gravy carbs per 100g
- Frozen yogurt sandwich protein per 100g
- Fruit smoothie fat per 100g
- How many calories does balsamic vinegar have?
- Calories in a half of navel orange
- Calories in whole navel orange
- Calories for one, two or more navel oranges
- How much protein in Reese?
- All-Purpose Flour vs Rice Flour nutrition
- Almond Flour vs Rice Flour calories
- Almond Flour vs Bread Flour protein
- Almond Flour vs Cake Flour sugar
- Almond Flour vs Almond Butter vitamins
- Arrowroot Flour vs Tapioca Flour dietary fiber
- Barley vs Bulgur vitaminium C
- Barley vs Lentils magnessium
- Bread Flour vs Cake Flour potassium