Mussels: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Mussels: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in mussels?
To give you an idea, medium size mussels (10 g) has about 9 calories.
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size mussels is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- less than half of sugar cube
For burning such amount of calories you need to bike at least 1 minute, swim for about 1 minute or run for 1 minute.
See all nutrition data of mussels on charts.
Mussels: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 mussels?
As I wrote before medium size mussels (10 g) have 9 calories. It is easy to count that two mussels have about 18 calories and three mussels have about 27 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five mussels.
- Medium size mussels (10 g)9 kcal
- Cup of mussels (150g)129 kcal
- Half cup of mussels (75g)65 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of mussels24 kcal
- Half of medium size mussels4.5 kcal
- Small size mussels (8g)7.2 kcal
- Big size mussels (13g)11.7 kcal
- Two medium size mussels18 kcal
- Three medium size mussels27 kcal
- Four medium size mussels36 kcal
- Five medium size mussels45 kcal
Protein in mussels
Mussels have 11.9 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size mussels (10 g) you can see that you will get about 1.2 g of protein.
Carbs in mussels
Mussels have 3.69 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size mussels (10 g) has about 0.4 g of carbs.
Fat in mussels
Mussels have 2.24 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size mussels (10 g) has about 0.2 g of fat.
medium size mussels (10 g) has:9kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
mussels - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.16 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.21 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)1.6 mg
- Vitaminium B60.05 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.042 mcg
- Vitaminium C8 mg
- Vitaminium E0.55 mg
Energy content of mussels
- 18% CARBS
- 58% PROTEIN
- 24% FAT
mussels - minerals per 100g
- Potassium320 mg
- Magnessium34 mg
- Calcium26 mg
- Sodium286 mg
- Iron3.95 mg
Do mussels cause weight gain? Whether it is good to eat mussels on diet?
Extremely hight number of calories in mussels puts this product at the top of hight calorific seafood. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific seafood, mussels seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other seafood.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If mussels contain nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare mussels with other seafood
When you look at charts below you will see how mussels look like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does navel orange have?
- Calories in a half of meatloaf
- Calories in whole meatloaf
- Calories for one, two or more meatloaf
- Calories in slice of meatloaf
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in fgg roll?
- How much fat in bourbon?
- How much protein in slice of pizza?
- What is weight of cooked egg white?
- Grilled beef calories per ounce (oz)
- Boiled chickpeas calories per serving size