All-Purpose Flour vs Cake Flour: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in All-purpose flour
At first glance, you can see that in all-purpose flour is just a little more calories than in cake flour.
All-purpose flour has 366 kcal per 100g and cake flour 362 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 1%.
In all-purpose flour and in cake flour most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare all-purpose flour with cake flour in details.
Fact 2: All-purpose flour And Cake flour Nutrition Difference
Cake flour vs All-purpose flour: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||All-purpose flour||Cake flour|
|Carbohydrates||77.3 g||78.03 g|
|Fat||1.48 g||0.86 g|
|Protein||10.9 g||8.2 g|
|Water||9.83 g||12.51 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||14 mg|
|Iron||5.62 mg||7.32 mg|
|Magnessium||26.7 mg||16 mg|
|Potassium||136 mg||105 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.939 mg||0.892 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.443 mg||0.43 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||6.74 mg||6.79 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.066 mg||0.033 mg|
More protein in all-purpose flour
It is aslo easy to see see that in all-purpose flour is more protein than in cake flour.
There is 8.2g per 100g of cake flour and 10.9g per 100g of all-purpose flour so using simple math we can see that difference is about 33%.
Less carbohydrates in all-purpose flour
In all-purpose flour is less carbohydrates than in cake flour.
There is 78.03g/100g of carbohydrates in cake flour and 77.3g/100g in all-purpose flour so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1%.
More fat in all-purpose flour
In all-purpose flour is more fats than in cake flour.
The tables above show us that there is 0.86g/100g of fats in cake flour and 1.48g/100g in all-purpose flour. In this case difference is about 72%.
- Carbohydrates77.3 g
- Fat1.48 g
- Protein10.9 g
- Water9.83 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 84% CARBS.
- 12% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: cake flour vs all-purpose flour
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): all-purpose flour 5% more than cake flour
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): all-purpose flour 3% more than cake flour
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cake flour 1% more than all-purpose flour
- Vitaminium B6: all-purpose flour 100% more than cake flour
Minerals: all-purpose flour vs cake flour
Compares of all-purpose flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Arrowroot Flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Fluor
- All-Purpose Flour vs Potato Flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Soy Flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Wheat Flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Oat Flour
- see all compares of all-purpose flour
Compares of cake flour
- Calories from All-purpose flour
- Calories of Mussels
- Calories in Lo Mein
- Red Bull calories per 100g
- Mushrooms gravy carbs per 100g
- Frozen yogurt sandwich protein per 100g
- Fruit smoothie fat per 100g
- How many calories does balsamic vinegar have?
- Calories in a half of navel orange
- Calories in whole navel orange
- Calories for one, two or more navel oranges
- How much protein in Reese?
- All-Purpose Flour vs Bread Flour nutrition
- All-Purpose Flour vs Self Rising Flour calories
- All-Purpose Flour vs Pastry Flour protein
- All-Purpose Flour vs Rice Flour sugar
- Almond Flour vs Rice Flour vitamins
- Almond Flour vs Bread Flour dietary fiber
- Almond Flour vs Cake Flour vitaminium C
- Almond Flour vs Almond Butter magnessium
- Arrowroot Flour vs Tapioca Flour potassium