Jicama: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in jicama?
For instance, medium size jicama (260 g) has about 99 calories.
It is about 4% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 99 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from jicama is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 1.5 apples
- 1 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1 slice of cheese
- 0.5 slice of bread
- 0.5 glass of milk
- 5 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about jicama nutrition.
See all nutrition data of jicama on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Medium Size Jicama (260 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||medium size jicama (260 g)|
|Carbs Total||8.82 g||2.5 g||22.9 g|
|Dietary fiber||4.9 g||1.39 g||12.7 g|
|Fat||0.09 g||< 0.1 g||0.2 g|
|Protein||0.72 g||0.2 g||1.9 g|
|Water||90.07 g||25.53 g||234.2 g|
jicama - vitamins per 100g
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.02 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.029 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)0.2 mg
- Vit B60.042 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)0.012 mcg
- Vit C20.2 mg
- Vit E0.46 mg
Energy content of jicama
- 91% CARBS
- 7% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
jicama - minerals per 100g
- Potassium150 mg
- Magnessium12 mg
- Calcium12 mg
- Sodium4 mg
- Iron0.6 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 jicamas?
As I wrote before medium size jicama (260 g) has 99 calories. It is easy to count that two jicamas have about 198 calories and three jicamas have about 297 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five jicamas.
- Medium size jicama (260 g)99 kcal
- Cup of jicama (130g)49 kcal
- Half cup of jicama (65g)25 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of jicama11 kcal
- Half of medium size jicama49.5 kcal
- Small size jicama (208g)79.2 kcal
- Big size jicama (338g)128.7 kcal
- Two medium size jicamas198 kcal
- Three medium size jicamas297 kcal
- Four medium size jicamas396 kcal
- Five medium size jicamas495 kcal
Protein in jicama
Jicama has 0.72 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size jicama (260 g) you can see that you will get about 1.9 g of protein.
Carbs in jicama
Jicama has 8.82 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size jicama (260 g) has about 22.9 g of carbs.
Fat in jicama
Jicama has 0.09 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size jicama (260 g) has about 0.2 g of fat.
medium size jicama (260 g) has:99kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare jicama with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how jicama looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does carob flour have?
- Calories in a half of grilled mashrooms
- Calories in whole grilled mashrooms
- Calories for one, two or more grilled mashrooms
- Calories in tablespoon of grilled mashrooms
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in fried wonton?
- How much fat in roasted red peppers?
- How much protein in dried lima beans?
- What is weight of yellow potato cooked?
- Brown rice calories per ounce (oz)
- Breakfast sausage calories per serving size