Sunflower Seeds vs Peanuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Sunflower
At first glance, you can see that in sunflower is just a little more calories than in peanuts.
Sunflower has 584 kcal per 100g and peanuts 567 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 3%.
In sunflower and in peanuts most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare sunflower with peanuts in details.
Fact 2: Sunflower And Peanuts Nutrition Difference
Peanuts vs Sunflower: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Sunflower Seeds||Peanuts|
|Carbohydrates||20 g||16.13 g|
|Fat||51.46 g||49.24 g|
|Dietary fiber||8.6 g||8.5 g|
|Protein||20.78 g||25.8 g|
|Calcium||78 mg||92 mg|
|Iron||5.25 mg||4.58 mg|
|Magnessium||325 mg||168 mg|
|Phosphorus||660 mg||76 mg|
|Potassium||645 mg||705 mg|
|Sodium||9 mg||18 mg|
|Zink||5 mg||3.27 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||1.48 mg||0.64 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.355 mg||0.135 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.335 mg||12.066 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||1.13 mg||1.767 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||1.345 mg||0.348 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||227 mg||240 mg|
|Vitaminium E||35.17 mg||8.33 mg|
Less protein in sunflower
It is aslo easy to see see that in sunflower is less protein than in peanuts.
There is 25.8g per 100g of peanuts and 20.78g per 100g of sunflower so using simple math we can see that difference is about 24%.
More carbohydrates in sunflower
In sunflower is more carbohydrates than in peanuts.
There is 16.13g/100g of carbohydrates in peanuts and 20g/100g in sunflower so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 24%.
More fat in sunflower
In sunflower is more fats than in peanuts.
The tables above show us that there is 49.24g/100g of fats in peanuts and 51.46g/100g in sunflower. In this case difference is about 5%.
- Carbohydrates20 g
- Fat51.46 g
- Dietary fiber8.6 g
- Protein20.78 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 13% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 74% FAT
Vitamins: peanuts vs sunflower
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sunflower 131% more than peanuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sunflower 163% more than peanuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): peanuts 45% more than sunflower
- Vitaminium B5: peanuts 56% more than sunflower
- Vitaminium B6: sunflower 286% more than peanuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): peanuts 6% more than sunflower
- Vitaminium E: sunflower 322% more than peanuts
Minerals: sunflower vs peanuts
Compares of sunflower
- Sunflower vs Buckwheat
- Sunflower vs Chia Seeds
- Sunflower vs Poppy Seed
- Sunflower vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Sunflower vs Quinoa
- Sunflower vs Sesame
- see all compares of sunflower
Compares of peanuts
- see all compares of peanuts
- Calories from Sunflower Seeds
- Calories of Walnuts
- Calories in Basil
- Borage calories per 100g
- Burdock carbs per 100g
- Celery protein per 100g
- Chervil fat per 100g
- How many calories does chive have?
- Calories in handful of dandelions
- Calories in tablespoon of dandelions
- Calories in bunch of dandelions
- How much protein in dill?