Melon vs Honeydew Melon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Melon
At first glance, you can see that in melon is just a little less calories than in honeydew melon.
Melon has 34 kcal per 100g and honeydew melon 36 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 6%.
In melon and in honeydew melon most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare melon with honeydew melon in details.
Fact 2: Melon And Honeydew melon Nutrition Difference
Honeydew melon vs Melon: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Melon||Honeydew melon|
|Carbohydrates||8.6 g||9.09 g|
|Fat||0.19 g||0.14 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.9 g||0.8 g|
|Protein||0.84 g||0.54 g|
|Calcium||9 mg||6 mg|
|Iron||0.21 mg||0.17 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||10 mg|
|Potassium||267 mg||228 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||18 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.017 mg||0.038 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.026 mg||0.012 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.734 mg||0.418 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.072 mg||0.088 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||21 mg||0.019 mg|
|Vitaminium C||36.7 mg||18 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.05 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium K||2.5 mg||0.003 mg|
More protein in melon
It is aslo easy to see see that in melon is more protein than in honeydew melon.
There is 0.54g per 100g of honeydew melon and 0.84g per 100g of melon so using simple math we can see that difference is about 56%.
Less carbohydrates in melon
In melon is less carbohydrates than in honeydew melon.
There is 9.09g/100g of carbohydrates in honeydew melon and 8.6g/100g in melon so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 6%.
More fat in melon
In melon is more fats than in honeydew melon.
The tables above show us that there is 0.14g/100g of fats in honeydew melon and 0.19g/100g in melon. In this case difference is about 36%.
- Carbohydrates8.6 g
- Fat0.19 g
- Dietary fiber0.9 g
- Protein0.84 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup | half cup
- 87% CARBS.
- 9% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: honeydew melon vs melon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): honeydew melon 124% more than melon
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): melon 117% more than honeydew melon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): melon 76% more than honeydew melon
- Vitaminium B6: honeydew melon 22% more than melon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): melon 110426% more than honeydew melon
- Vitaminium C: melon 104% more than honeydew melon
- Vitaminium E: melon 150% more than honeydew melon
- Vitaminium K: melon 83233% more than honeydew melon
Minerals: melon vs honeydew melon
Compares of melon
- Melon vs Apple
- Melon vs Apricot
- Melon vs Avocado
- Melon vs Banana
- Melon vs Blueberries
- Melon vs Cherries
- see all compares of melon
Compares of honeydew melon
- Calories from Melon
- Calories of Cherimoya
- Calories in Cherry
- Cranberry calories per 100g
- Dates carbs per 100g
- Durian protein per 100g
- Black lilac fat per 100g
- How many calories does fejhoa have?
- Calories in handful of Goji berries
- Calories in tablespoon of Goji berries
- Calories in teaspoon of Goji berries
- How much protein in gooseberry?