Couscous vs Oatmeal: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Couscous
At first glance, you can see that in couscous is much more calories than in oatmeal.
Couscous has 112 kcal per 100g and oatmeal 68 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 65%.
In couscous and in oatmeal most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare couscous with oatmeal in details.
Fact 2: Couscous And Oatmeal Nutrition Difference
Oatmeal vs Couscous: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||23.22 g||11.67 g|
|Fat||0.16 g||1.36 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.4 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||3.79 g||2.37 g|
|Water||72.57 g||84.03 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||80 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||5.96 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||26 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||77 mg|
|Potassium||58 mg||61 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||49 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.62 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.027 mg||0.215 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.983 mg||3.025 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.051 mg||0.29 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.015 mg||39 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.13 mg||0.07 mg|
More protein in couscous
It is aslo easy to see see that in couscous is more protein than in oatmeal.
There is 2.37g per 100g of oatmeal and 3.79g per 100g of couscous so using simple math we can see that difference is about 60%.
More carbohydrates in couscous
In couscous is more carbohydrates than in oatmeal.
There is 11.67g/100g of carbohydrates in oatmeal and 23.22g/100g in couscous so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 99%.
Less fat in couscous
In couscous is less fats than in oatmeal.
The tables above show us that there is 1.36g/100g of fats in oatmeal and 0.16g/100g in couscous. In this case difference is about 750%.
- Carbohydrates23.22 g
- Fat0.16 g
- Dietary fiber1.4 g
- Protein3.79 g
- Water72.57 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | glass | cup cooked | cup raw
- 85% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: oatmeal vs couscous
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): oatmeal 696% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): oatmeal 208% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B6: oatmeal 469% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): oatmeal 259900% more than couscous
- Vitaminium E: couscous 86% more than oatmeal
Minerals: couscous vs oatmeal
Compares of couscous
- Couscous vs Wheat Flour
- Couscous vs Cooked Pasta
- Couscous vs Whole Wheat Pasta
- Couscous vs Oatmeal
- Couscous vs Spaghetti
- Couscous vs Millet
- see all compares of couscous
Compares of oatmeal
- Calories from Couscous
- Calories of Oatmeal bread
- Calories in Bread flour
- Fried egg calories per 100g
- Turkey carbs per 100g
- Pineapple juice protein per 100g
- Flounder (fillet, meat) fat per 100g
- How many calories does argan oil have?
- Calories in a half of protein bar
- Calories in whole protein bar
- Calories for one, two or more protein bars
- How much protein in udon noodles?