Pine Nuts vs Walnuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Pine nuts
At first glance, you can see that in Pine nuts is just a little more calories than in walnuts.
Pine nuts has 673 kcal per 100g and walnuts 654 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 3%.
In Pine nuts and in walnuts most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Pine nuts with walnuts in details.
Fact 2: Pine nuts And Walnuts Nutrition Difference
Walnuts vs Pine nuts: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Pine nuts||Walnuts|
|Carbohydrates||13.08 g||13.71 g|
|Fat||68.37 g||65.21 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.7 g||6.7 g|
|Protein||13.69 g||15.23 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||98 mg|
|Iron||5.53 mg||2.9 mg|
|Magnessium||251 mg||158 mg|
|Phosphorus||575 mg||346 mg|
|Potassium||597 mg||441 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||6.45 mg||3.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.364 mg||0.341 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.227 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.387 mg||1.125 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.313 mg||0.57 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.094 mg||0.537 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||34 mg||98 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.8 mg||1.3 mg|
|Vitaminium E||9.33 mg||20.83 mg|
|Beta karoten||17 mg||12 mg|
Less protein in Pine nuts
It is aslo easy to see see that in Pine nuts is less protein than in walnuts.
There is 15.23g per 100g of walnuts and 13.69g per 100g of Pine nuts so using simple math we can see that difference is about 11%.
Less carbohydrates in Pine nuts
In Pine nuts is less carbohydrates than in walnuts.
There is 13.71g/100g of carbohydrates in walnuts and 13.08g/100g in Pine nuts so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 5%.
More fat in Pine nuts
In Pine nuts is more fats than in walnuts.
The tables above show us that there is 65.21g/100g of fats in walnuts and 68.37g/100g in Pine nuts. In this case difference is about 5%.
- Carbohydrates13.08 g
- Fat68.37 g
- Dietary fiber3.7 g
- Protein13.69 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 7% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 85% FAT
Vitamins: walnuts vs Pine nuts
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Pine nuts 7% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Pine nuts 51% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Pine nuts 290% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B5: walnuts 82% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium B6: walnuts 471% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): walnuts 188% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium C: walnuts 63% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium E: walnuts 123% more than Pine nuts
- Beta karoten: Pine nuts 42% more than walnuts
Minerals: Pine nuts vs walnuts
Compares of Pine nuts
- Pine Nuts vs Almonds
- Pine Nuts vs Brazil Nuts
- Pine Nuts vs Cashew Nuts
- Pine Nuts vs Hazelnuts
- Pine Nuts vs Macadamia Nuts
- Pine Nuts vs Peanuts
- see all compares of Pine nuts
Compares of walnuts
- Calories from Pine nuts
- Calories of Pistachios
- Calories in Poppy seed
- Pumpkin seeds calories per 100g
- Quinoa carbs per 100g
- Sesame seeds protein per 100g
- Sunflower Seeds fat per 100g
- How many calories do walnuts have?
- Calories in handful of borage leaves
- Calories in tablespoon of borage leaves
- How much protein in burdock?