Butternut Squash vs Sweet Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Butternut squash
At first glance, you can see that in butternut squash is much less calories than in sweet potato.
Butternut squash has 45 kcal per 100g and sweet potato 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 91%.
In butternut squash and in sweet potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare butternut squash with sweet potato in details.
Fact 2: Butternut squash And Sweet potato Nutrition Difference
Sweet potato vs Butternut squash: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Butternut squash||Sweet potato|
|Carbohydrates||11.69 g||20.12 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.05 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||3 g|
|Protein||1 g||1.6 g|
|Calcium||48 mg||30 mg|
|Iron||0.7 mg||0.61 mg|
|Magnessium||34 mg||25 mg|
|Phosphorus||33 mg||47 mg|
|Potassium||352 mg||337 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||55 mg|
|Zink||0.15 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||0.078 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.02 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.2 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.4 mg||0.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.154 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||21 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.44 mg||0.26 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.1 mg||1.8 mg|
|Beta karoten||4226 mg||8509 mg|
Less protein in butternut squash
It is aslo easy to see see that in butternut squash is less protein than in sweet potato.
There is 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato and 1g per 100g of butternut squash so using simple math we can see that difference is about 60%.
Less carbohydrates in butternut squash
In butternut squash is less carbohydrates than in sweet potato.
There is 20.12g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet potato and 11.69g/100g in butternut squash so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 72%.
More fat in butternut squash
In butternut squash is more fats than in sweet potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.05g/100g of fats in sweet potato and 0.1g/100g in butternut squash. In this case difference is about 100%.
- Carbohydrates11.69 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber2 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup | mashed
- 91% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: sweet potato vs butternut squash
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): butternut squash 28% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sweet potato 205% more than butternut squash
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): butternut squash 115% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B5: sweet potato 100% more than butternut squash
- Vitaminium B6: sweet potato 36% more than butternut squash
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): butternut squash 145% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium C: butternut squash 775% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium E: butternut squash 454% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium K: sweet potato 64% more than butternut squash
- Beta karoten: sweet potato 101% more than butternut squash
Minerals: butternut squash vs sweet potato
- Calcium: butternut squash 60% more than sweet potato
- Iron: butternut squash 15% more than sweet potato
- Magnessium: butternut squash 36% more than sweet potato
- Phosphorus: sweet potato 42% more than butternut squash
- Potassium: butternut squash 4% more than sweet potato
- Sodium: sweet potato 1275% more than butternut squash
- Zink: sweet potato 100% more than butternut squash
Compares of butternut squash
- Butternut Squash vs Artichoke
- Butternut Squash vs Asparagus
- Butternut Squash vs Beetroot
- Butternut Squash vs Calabash
- Butternut Squash vs Broccoli
- Butternut Squash vs Cabbage
- see all compares of butternut squash
Compares of sweet potato
- Calories from Butternut squash
- Calories of Cabbage
- Calories in Carrot
- Cassava calories per 100g
- Cauliflower carbs per 100g
- Fodder cabbage protein per 100g
- Cucumber fat per 100g
- How many calories does eggplant have?
- Calories in handful of fava beans
- Calories in tablespoon of fava beans
- How much protein in fennel?