Buttermilk vs Egg: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Less Calories in Buttermilk
At first glance, you can see that in buttermilk is less calories than in egg.
Buttermilk has 105 kcal per 100g and egg 143 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 36%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in buttermilk cames from carbs and in egg from fat.
See tables below to compare buttermilk with egg in details.
Buttermilk And Egg Nutrition Difference
Egg vs Buttermilk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||49 g||0.72 g|
|Fat||5.78 g||9.51 g|
|Protein||34.3 g||12.56 g|
|Water||2.97 g||76.15 g|
|Calcium||1184 mg||56 mg|
|Iron||0.3 mg||1.75 mg|
|Magnessium||110 mg||12 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.4 mg||0.3 mg|
|Potassium||1592 mg||138 mg|
|Sodium||517 mg||142 mg|
|Zink||0.4 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.392 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||1.579 mg||0.457 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.876 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.338 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.047 mg||0.047 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.1 mg||1.05 mg|
More protein in buttermilk
It is aslo easy to see see that in buttermilk is more protein than in egg.
There is 12.56g per 100g of egg and 34.3g per 100g of buttermilk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 173%.
More carbohydrates in buttermilk
In buttermilk is more carbohydrates than in egg.
There is 0.72g/100g of carbohydrates in egg and 49g/100g in buttermilk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 6706%.
Less fat in buttermilk
In buttermilk is less fats than in egg.
The tables above show us that there is 9.51g/100g of fats in egg and 5.78g/100g in buttermilk. In this case difference is about 65%.
- Carbohydrates49 g
- Fat5.78 g
- Protein34.3 g
- Water2.97 g
100g | ounce | glass | cup | small glass | cup | half cup
- 51% CARBS.
- 36% PROTEIN
- 14% FAT
Vitamins: egg vs buttermilk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
buttermilk - 880% more than egg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
buttermilk - 246% more than egg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
buttermilk - 1068% more than egg
- Vitaminium B6:
buttermilk - 99% more than egg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
egg - 0% more than buttermilk
- Vitaminium E:
egg - 950% more than buttermilk
Minerals: buttermilk vs egg
Compares of buttermilk
- Buttermilk vs Cottage Cheese
- Buttermilk vs Whole Milk
- Buttermilk vs Goat Milk
- Buttermilk vs Sheep Milk
- Buttermilk vs Egg
- Buttermilk vs Egg White
- see all compares of buttermilk
Compares of egg
- Calories from Buttermilk
- Calories of Chicken breast
- Calories in Orange juice
- Cider calories per 100g
- Pork neck carbs per 100g
- Tabbouleh protein per 100g
- Cooked spinach fat per 100g
- How many calories does veggie pizza have?
- Calories in a half of Yukon Gold potato
- Calories in whole Yukon Gold potato
- Calories for one, two or more Yukon Gold potatoes
- How much protein in tostada?
- Buttermilk vs Egg White nutrition
- Buttermilk vs Boiled Egg calories
- Buttermilk vs Butter protein
- Buttermilk vs Sour Cream 12% sugar
- Buttermilk vs Milk Powder vitamins
- Buttermilk vs Natural Yogurt dietary fiber
- Buttermilk vs Greek Yoghurt vitaminium C
- Buttermilk vs Margarine magnessium
- Buttermilk vs Kefir potassium