Buttermilk vs Egg White: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Buttermilk
At first glance, you can see that in buttermilk is much more calories than in egg white.
Buttermilk has 105 kcal per 100g and egg white 52 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 102%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in buttermilk cames from carbs and in egg white from protein.
See tables below to compare buttermilk with egg white in details.
Fact 2: Buttermilk And Egg white Nutrition Difference
Egg white vs Buttermilk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Buttermilk||Egg white|
|Carbohydrates||49 g||0.73 g|
|Fat||5.78 g||0.17 g|
|Protein||34.3 g||10.9 g|
|Water||2.97 g||87.57 g|
|Calcium||1184 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||0.3 mg||0.08 mg|
|Magnessium||110 mg||11 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.4 mg||0.09 mg|
|Potassium||1592 mg||163 mg|
|Sodium||517 mg||166 mg|
|Zink||0.4 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.392 mg||0.004 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||1.579 mg||0.439 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.876 mg||0.105 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.338 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.047 mg||0.004 mg|
More protein in buttermilk
It is aslo easy to see see that in buttermilk is more protein than in egg white.
There is 10.9g per 100g of egg white and 34.3g per 100g of buttermilk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 215%.
More carbohydrates in buttermilk
In buttermilk is more carbohydrates than in egg white.
There is 0.73g/100g of carbohydrates in egg white and 49g/100g in buttermilk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 6612%.
More fat in buttermilk
In buttermilk is more fats than in egg white.
The tables above show us that there is 0.17g/100g of fats in egg white and 5.78g/100g in buttermilk. In this case difference is about 3300%.
- Carbohydrates49 g
- Fat5.78 g
- Protein34.3 g
- Water2.97 g
100g | ounce | glass | cup | small glass | cup | half cup
- 51% CARBS.
- 36% PROTEIN
- 14% FAT
Vitamins: egg white vs buttermilk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): buttermilk 9700% more than egg white
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): buttermilk 260% more than egg white
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): buttermilk 734% more than egg white
- Vitaminium B6: buttermilk 6660% more than egg white
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): buttermilk 1075% more than egg white
Minerals: buttermilk vs egg white
- Calcium: buttermilk 16814% more than egg white
- Iron: buttermilk 275% more than egg white
- Magnessium: buttermilk 900% more than egg white
- Phosphorus: buttermilk 344% more than egg white
- Potassium: buttermilk 877% more than egg white
- Sodium: buttermilk 211% more than egg white
- Zink: buttermilk 344% more than egg white
Compares of buttermilk
- Buttermilk vs Cottage Cheese
- Buttermilk vs Whole Milk
- Buttermilk vs Goat Milk
- Buttermilk vs Sheep Milk
- Buttermilk vs Egg
- Buttermilk vs Egg White
- see all compares of buttermilk
Compares of egg white
- Calories from Buttermilk
- Calories of Chicken breast
- Calories in Orange juice
- Cider calories per 100g
- Pork neck carbs per 100g
- Tabbouleh protein per 100g
- McFlurry McDonald's fat per 100g
- How many calories does kolache have?
- Calories in a half of beef and broccoli
- Calories in whole beef and broccoli
- Calories for one, two or more beef and broccoli
- How much protein in brandy?
- Buttermilk vs Boiled Egg nutrition
- Buttermilk vs Butter calories
- Buttermilk vs Sour Cream 12% protein
- Buttermilk vs Milk Powder sugar
- Buttermilk vs Natural Yogurt vitamins
- Buttermilk vs Greek Yoghurt dietary fiber
- Buttermilk vs Margarine vitaminium C
- Buttermilk vs Kefir magnessium
- Goat's Milk vs Mother's Milk potassium