Buttermilk vs Sheep's Milk: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Buttermilk
At first glance, you can see that in buttermilk is just a little less calories than in sheep milk.
Buttermilk has 105 kcal per 100g and sheep milk 108 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 3%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in buttermilk cames from carbs and in sheep's milk from fat.
See tables below to compare buttermilk with sheep milk in details.
Fact 2: Buttermilk And Sheep milk Nutrition Difference
Sheep milk vs Buttermilk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Buttermilk||Sheep's milk|
|Carbohydrates||49 g||5.36 g|
|Fat||5.78 g||7 g|
|Protein||34.3 g||5.98 g|
|Water||2.97 g||80.7 g|
|Calcium||1184 mg||193 mg|
|Iron||0.3 mg||0.1 mg|
|Magnessium||110 mg||18 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.4 mg||44 mg|
|Potassium||1592 mg||137 mg|
|Sodium||517 mg||44 mg|
|Zink||0.4 mg||44 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.392 mg||0.065 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||1.579 mg||0.355 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.876 mg||0.417 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.338 mg||0.06 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.047 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium C||5.7 mg||4.2 mg|
More protein in buttermilk
It is aslo easy to see see that in buttermilk is more protein than in sheep milk.
There is 5.98g per 100g of sheep milk and 34.3g per 100g of buttermilk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 474%.
More carbohydrates in buttermilk
In buttermilk is more carbohydrates than in sheep milk.
There is 5.36g/100g of carbohydrates in sheep milk and 49g/100g in buttermilk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 814%.
Less fat in buttermilk
In buttermilk is less fats than in sheep milk.
The tables above show us that there is 7g/100g of fats in sheep milk and 5.78g/100g in buttermilk. In this case difference is about 21%.
- Carbohydrates49 g
- Fat5.78 g
- Protein34.3 g
- Water2.97 g
100g | ounce | glass | cup | small glass | cup | half cup
- 51% CARBS.
- 36% PROTEIN
- 14% FAT
Vitamins: sheep milk vs buttermilk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): buttermilk 503% more than sheep milk
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): buttermilk 345% more than sheep milk
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): buttermilk 110% more than sheep milk
- Vitaminium B6: buttermilk 463% more than sheep milk
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): buttermilk 571% more than sheep milk
- Vitaminium C: buttermilk 36% more than sheep milk
Minerals: buttermilk vs sheep milk
- Calcium: buttermilk 513% more than sheep milk
- Iron: buttermilk 200% more than sheep milk
- Magnessium: buttermilk 511% more than sheep milk
- Phosphorus: sheep milk 10900% more than buttermilk
- Potassium: buttermilk 1062% more than sheep milk
- Sodium: buttermilk 1075% more than sheep milk
- Zink: sheep milk 10900% more than buttermilk
Compares of buttermilk
- Buttermilk vs Cottage Cheese
- Buttermilk vs Whole Milk
- Buttermilk vs Goat Milk
- Buttermilk vs Sheep Milk
- Buttermilk vs Egg
- Buttermilk vs Egg White
- see all compares of buttermilk
Compares of sheep's milk
- Calories from Buttermilk
- Calories of Chicken breast
- Calories in Orange juice
- Cider calories per 100g
- Pork neck carbs per 100g
- Tabbouleh protein per 100g
- McFlurry McDonald's fat per 100g
- How many calories does kolache have?
- Calories in a half of beef and broccoli
- Calories in whole beef and broccoli
- Calories for one, two or more beef and broccoli
- How much protein in brandy?
- Buttermilk vs Egg nutrition
- Buttermilk vs Egg White calories
- Buttermilk vs Boiled Egg protein
- Buttermilk vs Butter sugar
- Buttermilk vs Sour Cream 12% vitamins
- Buttermilk vs Milk Powder dietary fiber
- Buttermilk vs Natural Yogurt vitaminium C
- Buttermilk vs Greek Yoghurt magnessium
- Buttermilk vs Margarine potassium