Brisket vs Skirt Steak: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Brisket
At first glance, you can see that in brisket is less calories than in skirt steak.
Brisket has 157 kcal per 100g and skirt steak 220 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 40%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in brisket cames from protein and in skirt steak from fat.
See tables below to compare brisket with skirt steak in details.
Fact 2: Brisket And Skirt steak Nutrition Difference
Skirt steak vs Brisket: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Brisket||Skirt steak|
|Fat||7.37 g||12.05 g|
|Protein||20.72 g||26.13 g|
|Water||70.29 g||60.34 g|
|Calcium||5 mg||11 mg|
|Iron||1.92 mg||2.77 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||24 mg|
|Potassium||330 mg||289 mg|
|Sodium||79 mg||75 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.191 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.94 mg||3.745 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.42 mg||0.321 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.32 mg||0.1 mg|
Less protein in brisket
It is aslo easy to see see that in brisket is less protein than in skirt steak.
There is 26.13g per 100g of skirt steak and 20.72g per 100g of brisket so using simple math we can see that difference is about 26%.
Less fat in brisket
In brisket is less fats than in skirt steak.
The tables above show us that there is 12.05g/100g of fats in skirt steak and 7.37g/100g in brisket. In this case difference is about 64%.
- Fat7.37 g
- Protein20.72 g
- Water70.29 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 2% CARBS.
- 55% PROTEIN
- 44% FAT
Vitamins: skirt steak vs brisket
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): brisket 11% more than skirt steak
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): skirt steak 12% more than brisket
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): brisket 5% more than skirt steak
- Vitaminium B6: brisket 31% more than skirt steak
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): skirt steak 0% more than brisket
- Vitaminium E: brisket 220% more than skirt steak
Minerals: brisket vs skirt steak
Compares of brisket
- Brisket vs Pork
- Brisket vs Steak
- Brisket vs Beef
- Brisket vs Pork Tenderloin
- Brisket vs Ribeye Steak
- Brisket vs Roast Beef
- see all compares of brisket
Compares of skirt steak
- Calories from Brisket
- Calories of Pastrami sandwich
- Calories in Egg benedict
- Ice coffee calories per 100g
- Gyro sandwich carbs per 100g
- Heavy whipping cream protein per 100g
- Ranch dressing fat per 100g
- How many calories do scallops have?
- Calories in a half of baby carrot
- Calories in whole baby carrot
- Calories for one, two or more baby carrots
- How much protein in cooked sweet potato?
- Brisket vs Prime Rib nutrition
- Lamb Chop vs Venison calories
- Lamb Chop vs Oxtail protein
- Flank Steak vs Skirt Steak sugar
- Flank Steak vs Prime Rib vitamins
- T-Bone Steak vs Porterhouse Steak dietary fiber
- Prime Rib vs Porterhouse Steak vitaminium C
- Chicken Drumstick vs Chicken Leg magnessium
- Brie vs Cream Cheese potassium