Flank Steak vs Skirt Steak: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Less Calories in Flank steak
At first glance, you can see that in flank steak is less calories than in skirt steak.
Flank steak has 192 kcal per 100g and skirt steak 220 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 15%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in flank steak cames from protein and in skirt steak from fat.
See tables below to compare flank steak with skirt steak in details.
Flank steak And Skirt steak Nutrition Difference
Skirt steak vs Flank steak: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Flank steak||Skirt steak|
|Fat||8.23 g||12.05 g|
|Protein||27.66 g||26.13 g|
|Water||64.17 g||60.34 g|
|Calcium||20 mg||11 mg|
|Iron||1.74 mg||2.77 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||24 mg|
|Potassium||339 mg||289 mg|
|Sodium||56 mg||75 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.075 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.133 mg||0.191 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||7.363 mg||3.745 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.579 mg||0.321 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.009 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.38 mg||0.1 mg|
More protein in flank steak
It is aslo easy to see see that in flank steak is more protein than in skirt steak.
There is 26.13g per 100g of skirt steak and 27.66g per 100g of flank steak so using simple math we can see that difference is about 6%.
Less fat in flank steak
In flank steak is less fats than in skirt steak.
The tables above show us that there is 12.05g/100g of fats in skirt steak and 8.23g/100g in flank steak. In this case difference is about 46%.
- Fat8.23 g
- Protein27.66 g
- Water64.17 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 60% PROTEIN
- 40% FAT
Vitamins: skirt steak vs flank steak
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
skirt steak - 20% more than flank steak
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
skirt steak - 44% more than flank steak
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
flank steak - 97% more than skirt steak
- Vitaminium B6:
flank steak - 80% more than skirt steak
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
flank steak - 29% more than skirt steak
- Vitaminium E:
flank steak - 280% more than skirt steak
Compares of flank steak
- Flank Steak vs Chicken
- Flank Steak vs Ground Beef
- Flank Steak vs Ribeye Steak
- Flank Steak vs Roast Beef
- Flank Steak vs Sirloin Steak
- Flank Steak vs Brisket
- see all compares of flank steak
Compares of skirt steak
- Calories from Flank steak
- Calories of Chocolate cake
- Calories in Ice cream sandwich
- M&M's Peanut calories per 100g
- Tuna sandwich carbs per 100g
- Movie Theater Popcorn with butter protein per 100g
- Everything bagel fat per 100g
- How many calories does hamburger bun have?
- Calories in handful of Jasmine rice (cooked)
- Calories in tablespoon of Jasmine rice (cooked)
- Calories in teaspoon of Jasmine rice (cooked)
- How much protein in Spring roll?
- Flank Steak vs Prime Rib nutrition
- T-Bone Steak vs Porterhouse Steak calories
- Prime Rib vs Porterhouse Steak protein
- Chicken Drumstick vs Chicken Leg sugar
- Brie vs Cream Cheese vitamins
- Camembert vs Cream Cheese dietary fiber
- White Cheese vs Paneer Cheese vitaminium C
- Cottage Cheese vs Cream Cheese magnessium
- Cottage Cheese vs Paneer Cheese potassium