Brisket vs Flank Steak: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Brisket
At first glance, you can see that in brisket is less calories than in flank steak.
Brisket has 157 kcal per 100g and flank steak 192 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 22%.
In brisket and in flank steak most calories came from protein.
See tables below to compare brisket with flank steak in details.
Fact 2: Brisket And Flank steak Nutrition Difference
Flank steak vs Brisket: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Brisket||Flank steak|
|Fat||7.37 g||8.23 g|
|Protein||20.72 g||27.66 g|
|Water||70.29 g||64.17 g|
|Calcium||5 mg||20 mg|
|Iron||1.92 mg||1.74 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||23 mg|
|Potassium||330 mg||339 mg|
|Sodium||79 mg||56 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.133 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.94 mg||7.363 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.42 mg||0.579 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.009 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.32 mg||0.38 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.001 mg||0.001 mg|
Less protein in brisket
It is aslo easy to see see that in brisket is less protein than in flank steak.
There is 27.66g per 100g of flank steak and 20.72g per 100g of brisket so using simple math we can see that difference is about 33%.
Less fat in brisket
In brisket is less fats than in flank steak.
The tables above show us that there is 8.23g/100g of fats in flank steak and 7.37g/100g in brisket. In this case difference is about 12%.
- Fat7.37 g
- Protein20.72 g
- Water70.29 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 2% CARBS.
- 55% PROTEIN
- 44% FAT
Vitamins: flank steak vs brisket
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): brisket 33% more than flank steak
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): brisket 28% more than flank steak
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): flank steak 87% more than brisket
- Vitaminium B6: flank steak 38% more than brisket
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): flank steak 29% more than brisket
- Vitaminium E: flank steak 19% more than brisket
- Vitaminium K: flank steak 0% more than brisket
Minerals: brisket vs flank steak
Compares of brisket
- Brisket vs Pork
- Brisket vs Steak
- Brisket vs Beef
- Brisket vs Pork Tenderloin
- Brisket vs Ribeye Steak
- Brisket vs Roast Beef
- see all compares of brisket
Compares of flank steak
- Calories from Brisket
- Calories of Pastrami sandwich
- Calories in Egg benedict
- Ice coffee calories per 100g
- Gyro sandwich carbs per 100g
- Heavy whipping cream protein per 100g
- Ranch dressing fat per 100g
- How many calories do scallops have?
- Calories in a half of baby carrot
- Calories in whole baby carrot
- Calories for one, two or more baby carrots
- How much protein in cooked sweet potato?
- Brisket vs Skirt Steak nutrition
- Brisket vs Prime Rib calories
- Lamb Chop vs Venison protein
- Lamb Chop vs Oxtail sugar
- Flank Steak vs Skirt Steak vitamins
- Flank Steak vs Prime Rib dietary fiber
- T-Bone Steak vs Porterhouse Steak vitaminium C
- Prime Rib vs Porterhouse Steak magnessium
- Chicken Drumstick vs Chicken Leg potassium