Brie vs Edam Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Brie
At first glance, you can see that in Brie is just a little less calories than in Edam cheese.
Brie has 334 kcal per 100g and Edam cheese 357 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 7%.
In Brie and in Edam cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Brie with Edam cheese in details.
Fact 2: Brie And Edam cheese Nutrition Difference
Edam cheese vs Brie: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Brie||Edam cheese|
|Carbohydrates||0.45 g||1.43 g|
|Fat||27.68 g||28.57 g|
|Protein||20.75 g||24.99 g|
|Water||48.42 g||41 g|
|Calcium||184 mg||731 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.44 mg|
|Magnessium||20 mg||30 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.3 mg||2.3 mg|
|Potassium||152 mg||188 mg|
|Sodium||629 mg||973 mg|
|Zink||2.3 mg||2.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.07 mg||0.037 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.52 mg||0.389 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.38 mg||0.082 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.235 mg||0.076 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.065 mg||0.016 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in Brie
It is aslo easy to see see that in Brie is less protein than in Edam cheese.
There is 24.99g per 100g of Edam cheese and 20.75g per 100g of Brie so using simple math we can see that difference is about 20%.
Less carbohydrates in Brie
In Brie is less carbohydrates than in Edam cheese.
There is 1.43g/100g of carbohydrates in Edam cheese and 0.45g/100g in Brie so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 218%.
Less fat in Brie
In Brie is less fats than in Edam cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 28.57g/100g of fats in Edam cheese and 27.68g/100g in Brie. In this case difference is about 3%.
- Carbohydrates0.45 g
- Fat27.68 g
- Protein20.75 g
- Water48.42 g
100g | ounce | slice | small cylinder | medium cylinder | large cylinder
- 1% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 75% FAT
Vitamins: Edam cheese vs Brie
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Brie 89% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Brie 34% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Brie 363% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B6: Brie 209% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Brie 306% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium E: Edam cheese 0% more than Brie
- Vitaminium K: Edam cheese 0% more than Brie
Minerals: Brie vs Edam cheese
Compares of Brie
- Brie vs Blue Cheese
- Brie vs Camembert
- Brie vs Cottage Cheese
- Brie vs Edam Cheese
- Brie vs Feta Cheese
- Brie vs Gouda Cheese
- see all compares of Brie
Compares of Edam cheese
- Calories from Brie
- Calories of Mayonnaise
- Calories in Wiener (hot dog)
- Coconut water calories per 100g
- Salmon carbs per 100g
- Nutella protein per 100g
- Paratha fat per 100g
- How many calories does ham steak have?
- Calories in a half of chicken shawarma
- Calories in whole chicken shawarma
- Calories for one, two or more chicken shawarma
- How much protein in chobani yogurt nonfat?