Edam Cheese vs Swiss Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Edam cheese
At first glance, you can see that in Edam cheese is less calories than in Swiss cheese.
Edam cheese has 357 kcal per 100g and Swiss cheese 393 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 10%.
In Edam cheese and in Swiss cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Edam cheese with Swiss cheese in details.
Fact 2: Edam cheese And Swiss cheese Nutrition Difference
Swiss cheese vs Edam cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Edam cheese||Swiss cheese|
|Carbohydrates||1.43 g||1.44 g|
|Fat||28.57 g||30.99 g|
|Protein||24.99 g||26.96 g|
|Water||41 g||37.63 g|
|Calcium||731 mg||890 mg|
|Iron||0.44 mg||0.13 mg|
|Magnessium||30 mg||33 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.3 mg||1.4 mg|
|Potassium||188 mg||72 mg|
|Sodium||973 mg||187 mg|
|Zink||2.3 mg||1.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.037 mg||0.011 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.389 mg||0.302 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.082 mg||0.064 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.076 mg||0.071 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.016 mg||0.01 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.001 mg|
Less protein in Edam cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in Edam cheese is less protein than in Swiss cheese.
There is 26.96g per 100g of Swiss cheese and 24.99g per 100g of Edam cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 8%.
Less carbohydrates in Edam cheese
In Edam cheese is less carbohydrates than in Swiss cheese.
There is 1.44g/100g of carbohydrates in Swiss cheese and 1.43g/100g in Edam cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1%.
Less fat in Edam cheese
In Edam cheese is less fats than in Swiss cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 30.99g/100g of fats in Swiss cheese and 28.57g/100g in Edam cheese. In this case difference is about 8%.
- Carbohydrates1.43 g
- Fat28.57 g
- Protein24.99 g
- Water41 g
100g | ounce | slice | cup | shredded
- 2% CARBS.
- 28% PROTEIN
- 71% FAT
Vitamins: Swiss cheese vs Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Edam cheese 236% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Edam cheese 29% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Edam cheese 28% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B6: Edam cheese 7% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Edam cheese 60% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium E: Swiss cheese 150% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium K: Edam cheese 100% more than Swiss cheese
Minerals: Edam cheese vs Swiss cheese
- Calcium: Swiss cheese 22% more than Edam cheese
- Iron: Edam cheese 238% more than Swiss cheese
- Magnessium: Swiss cheese 10% more than Edam cheese
- Phosphorus: Edam cheese 64% more than Swiss cheese
- Potassium: Edam cheese 161% more than Swiss cheese
- Sodium: Edam cheese 420% more than Swiss cheese
- Zink: Edam cheese 64% more than Swiss cheese
Compares of Edam cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Brie
- Edam Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Gouda Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Parmesan
- Edam Cheese vs Swiss Cheese
- see all compares of Edam cheese
Compares of Swiss cheese
- Calories from Edam cheese
- Calories of Almond oil
- Calories in Blackberry juice
- Rum calories per 100g
- Soy sauce carbs per 100g
- Smoked sausage protein per 100g
- Gyoza dumplings fat per 100g
- How many calories does funnel cake have?
- Calories in a half of Jm Beam
- Calories in whole Jm Beam
- Calories for one, two or more Jm Beam
- Calories in glass of Jm Beam
- Calories in cup of Jm Beam
- Calories in shot (small glass) of Jm Beam
- How much protein in fudge?