Edam Cheese vs Provolone Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Edam cheese
At first glance, you can see that in Edam cheese is just a little more calories than in provolone cheese.
Edam cheese has 357 kcal per 100g and provolone cheese 351 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 2%.
In Edam cheese and in provolone cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Edam cheese with provolone cheese in details.
Fact 2: Edam cheese And Provolone cheese Nutrition Difference
Provolone cheese vs Edam cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Edam cheese||Provolone cheese|
|Carbohydrates||1.43 g||2.14 g|
|Fat||28.57 g||26.62 g|
|Protein||24.99 g||25.58 g|
|Water||41 g||40.95 g|
|Calcium||731 mg||756 mg|
|Iron||0.44 mg||0.52 mg|
|Magnessium||30 mg||28 mg|
|Potassium||188 mg||138 mg|
|Sodium||973 mg||727 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.037 mg||0.019 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.389 mg||0.321 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.082 mg||0.156 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.076 mg||0.073 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.016 mg||0.01 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.23 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in Edam cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in Edam cheese is less protein than in provolone cheese.
There is 25.58g per 100g of provolone cheese and 24.99g per 100g of Edam cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 2%.
Less carbohydrates in Edam cheese
In Edam cheese is less carbohydrates than in provolone cheese.
There is 2.14g/100g of carbohydrates in provolone cheese and 1.43g/100g in Edam cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 50%.
More fat in Edam cheese
In Edam cheese is more fats than in provolone cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 26.62g/100g of fats in provolone cheese and 28.57g/100g in Edam cheese. In this case difference is about 7%.
- Carbohydrates1.43 g
- Fat28.57 g
- Protein24.99 g
- Water41 g
100g | ounce | slice | cup | shredded
- 2% CARBS.
- 28% PROTEIN
- 71% FAT
Vitamins: provolone cheese vs Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Edam cheese 95% more than provolone cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Edam cheese 21% more than provolone cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): provolone cheese 90% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B6: Edam cheese 4% more than provolone cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Edam cheese 60% more than provolone cheese
- Vitaminium E: Edam cheese 4% more than provolone cheese
- Vitaminium K: provolone cheese 0% more than Edam cheese
Minerals: Edam cheese vs provolone cheese
Compares of Edam cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Brie
- Edam Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Gouda Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Parmesan
- Edam Cheese vs Swiss Cheese
- see all compares of Edam cheese
Compares of provolone cheese
- Calories from Edam cheese
- Calories of Almond oil
- Calories in Blackberry juice
- Rum calories per 100g
- Soy sauce carbs per 100g
- Smoked sausage protein per 100g
- Gyoza dumplings fat per 100g
- How many calories does funnel cake have?
- Calories in a half of Jm Beam
- Calories in whole Jm Beam
- Calories for one, two or more Jm Beam
- Calories in glass of Jm Beam
- Calories in cup of Jm Beam
- Calories in shot (small glass) of Jm Beam
- How much protein in fudge?
- Feta Cheese vs American Cheese nutrition
- Feta Cheese vs Provolone Cheese calories
- Feta Cheese vs Cream Cheese protein
- Feta Cheese vs Paneer Cheese sugar
- Feta Cheese vs Ricotta Cheese vitamins
- Feta Cheese vs Queso Fresco Cheese dietary fiber
- Gouda Cheese vs American Cheese vitaminium C
- Gouda Cheese vs Provolone Cheese magnessium
- Parmesan vs Provolone Cheese potassium