Apple vs Banana: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Apple
At first glance, you can see that in apple is much less calories than in banana.
Apple has 52 kcal per 100g and banana 89 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 71 %.
In apple and in banana most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare apple with banana in details.
Fact 2: Apple And Banana Nutrition Difference
Banana vs Apple: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||13.81 g||22.84 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.33 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.4 g||2.6 g|
|Protein||0.26 g||1.09 g|
|Calcium||6 mg||5 mg|
|Iron||0.12 mg||0.26 mg|
|Magnessium||5 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||11 mg||22 mg|
|Potassium||107 mg||358 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||0.04 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.017 mg||0.031 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.026 mg||0.073 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.091 mg||0.665 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.061 mg||0.334 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.041 mg||0.367 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||3 mg||20 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4.6 mg||8.7 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.18 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium K||2.2 mg||0.5 mg|
|Beta karoten||27 mg||26 mg|
Less protein in apple
It is aslo easy to see see that in apple is less protein than in banana.
There is 1.09g per 100g of banana and 0.26g per 100g of apple so using simple math we can see that difference is about 319 %.
Less carbohydrates in apple
In apple is less carbohydrates than in banana.
There is 22.84g/100g of carbohydrates in banana and 13.81g/100g in apple so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 65 %.
Less fat in apple
In apple is less fats than in banana.
The tables above show us that there is 0.33g/100g of fats in banana and 0.17g/100g in apple. In this case difference is about 94 %.
- Carbohydrates13.81 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.4 g
- Protein0.26 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | sliced
- 96% CARBS.
- 2% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: banana vs apple
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): banana 82% more than apple
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): banana 181% more than apple
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): banana 631% more than apple
- Vitaminium B5: banana 448% more than apple
- Vitaminium B6: banana 795% more than apple
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): banana 567% more than apple
- Vitaminium C: banana 89% more than apple
- Vitaminium E: apple 80% more than banana
- Vitaminium K: apple 340% more than banana
- Beta karoten: apple 4% more than banana
Minerals: apple vs banana
Compares of apple
- Apple vs Apricot
- Apple vs Avocado
- Apple vs Banana
- Apple vs Blackberries
- Apple vs Blackcurrants
- Apple vs Blueberries
- see all compares of apple
Compares of banana
- Calories from Apple
- Calories of Blackberries
- Calories in Blackcurrant
- Blueberries calories per 100g
- Melon carbs per 100g
- Cherimoya protein per 100g
- Cherry fat per 100g
- How many calories do Cranberries have?
- Calories in a half of durian
- Calories in whole durian
- Calories for one, two or more durian fruits
- How much protein in black lilac?