Banana vs Carrot: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Banana
At first glance, you can see that in banana is much more calories than in carrot.
Banana has 89 kcal per 100g and carrot 41 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 117%.
In banana and in carrot most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare banana with carrot in details.
Fact 2: Banana And Carrot Nutrition Difference
Carrot vs Banana: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||22.84 g||9.58 g|
|Fat||0.33 g||0.24 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||2.8 g|
|Protein||1.09 g||0.93 g|
|Calcium||5 mg||33 mg|
|Iron||0.26 mg||0.3 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||12 mg|
|Phosphorus||22 mg||35 mg|
|Potassium||358 mg||320 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||69 mg|
|Zink||0.15 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.031 mg||0.066 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.073 mg||0.058 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.665 mg||0.983 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.334 mg||0.273 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.367 mg||0.138 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||20 mg||19 mg|
|Vitaminium C||8.7 mg||5.9 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.5 mg||13.2 mg|
|Beta karoten||26 mg||8285 mg|
More protein in banana
It is aslo easy to see see that in banana is more protein than in carrot.
There is 0.93g per 100g of carrot and 1.09g per 100g of banana so using simple math we can see that difference is about 17%.
More carbohydrates in banana
In banana is more carbohydrates than in carrot.
There is 9.58g/100g of carbohydrates in carrot and 22.84g/100g in banana so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 138%.
More fat in banana
In banana is more fats than in carrot.
The tables above show us that there is 0.24g/100g of fats in carrot and 0.33g/100g in banana. In this case difference is about 38%.
- Carbohydrates22.84 g
- Fat0.33 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein1.09 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | mashed | cup | sliced
- 93% CARBS.
- 4% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: carrot vs banana
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): carrot 113% more than banana
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): banana 26% more than carrot
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): carrot 48% more than banana
- Vitaminium B5: banana 22% more than carrot
- Vitaminium B6: banana 166% more than carrot
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): banana 5% more than carrot
- Vitaminium C: banana 47% more than carrot
- Vitaminium K: carrot 2540% more than banana
- Beta karoten: carrot 31765% more than banana
Minerals: banana vs carrot
Compares of banana
- Banana vs Apple
- Banana vs Apricot
- Banana vs Avocado
- Banana vs Blackberry
- Banana vs Blueberries
- Banana vs Melon
- see all compares of banana
Compares of carrot
- see all compares of carrot
- Calories from Banana
- Calories of Apple
- Calories in Blackberries
- Blackcurrant calories per 100g
- Blueberries carbs per 100g
- Melon protein per 100g
- Cherimoya fat per 100g
- How many calories do cherries have?
- Calories in a half of dates
- Calories in whole dates
- Calories for one, two or more dates
- Calories in handful of dates
- How much protein in durian?