Banana vs Dates: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Banana
At first glance, you can see that in banana is much less calories than in dates.
Banana has 89 kcal per 100g and dates 277 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 211%.
In banana and in dates most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare banana with dates in details.
Fact 2: Banana And Dates Nutrition Difference
Dates vs Banana: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||22.84 g||74.97 g|
|Fat||0.33 g||0.15 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||6.7 g|
|Protein||1.09 g||1.81 g|
|Calcium||5 mg||64 mg|
|Iron||0.26 mg||0.9 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||54 mg|
|Phosphorus||22 mg||62 mg|
|Potassium||358 mg||696 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||0.15 mg||0.44 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.031 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.073 mg||0.06 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.665 mg||1.61 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.334 mg||0.805 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.367 mg||0.249 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||20 mg||15 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.5 mg||2.7 mg|
|Beta karoten||26 mg||89 mg|
Less protein in banana
It is aslo easy to see see that in banana is less protein than in dates.
There is 1.81g per 100g of dates and 1.09g per 100g of banana so using simple math we can see that difference is about 66%.
Less carbohydrates in banana
In banana is less carbohydrates than in dates.
There is 74.97g/100g of carbohydrates in dates and 22.84g/100g in banana so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 228%.
More fat in banana
In banana is more fats than in dates.
The tables above show us that there is 0.15g/100g of fats in dates and 0.33g/100g in banana. In this case difference is about 120%.
- Carbohydrates22.84 g
- Fat0.33 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein1.09 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | mashed | cup | sliced
- 93% CARBS.
- 4% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: dates vs banana
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): dates 61% more than banana
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): banana 22% more than dates
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): dates 142% more than banana
- Vitaminium B5: dates 141% more than banana
- Vitaminium B6: banana 47% more than dates
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): banana 33% more than dates
- Vitaminium K: dates 440% more than banana
- Beta karoten: dates 242% more than banana
Minerals: banana vs dates
Compares of banana
- Banana vs Apple
- Banana vs Apricot
- Banana vs Avocado
- Banana vs Blackberry
- Banana vs Blueberries
- Banana vs Melon
- see all compares of banana
Compares of dates
- see all compares of dates
- Calories from Banana
- Calories of Apple
- Calories in Blackberries
- Blackcurrant calories per 100g
- Blueberries carbs per 100g
- Melon protein per 100g
- Cherimoya fat per 100g
- How many calories do cherries have?
- Calories in a half of dates
- Calories in whole dates
- Calories for one, two or more dates
- Calories in handful of dates
- How much protein in durian?