All-Purpose Flour vs Self Rising Flour: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in All-purpose flour
At first glance, you can see that in all-purpose flour is just a little more calories than in self rising flour.
All-purpose flour has 366 kcal per 100g and self rising flour 355 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 3%.
In all-purpose flour and in self rising flour most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare all-purpose flour with self rising flour in details.
Fact 2: All-purpose flour And Self rising flour Nutrition Difference
Self rising flour vs All-purpose flour: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||All-purpose flour||Self rising flour|
|Carbohydrates||77.3 g||74.19 g|
|Protein||10.9 g||6.45 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||252 mg|
|Iron||5.62 mg||3.23 mg|
|Phosphorus||160 mg||145 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||1194 mg|
|Zink||160 mg||145 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.939 mg||1 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.443 mg||0.323 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||6.74 mg||6.452 mg|
More protein in all-purpose flour
It is aslo easy to see see that in all-purpose flour is more protein than in self rising flour.
There is 6.45g per 100g of self rising flour and 10.9g per 100g of all-purpose flour so using simple math we can see that difference is about 69%.
More carbohydrates in all-purpose flour
In all-purpose flour is more carbohydrates than in self rising flour.
There is 74.19g/100g of carbohydrates in self rising flour and 77.3g/100g in all-purpose flour so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 4%.
- Carbohydrates77.3 g
- Protein10.9 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 84% CARBS.
- 12% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: self rising flour vs all-purpose flour
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): self rising flour 6% more than all-purpose flour
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): all-purpose flour 37% more than self rising flour
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): all-purpose flour 4% more than self rising flour
Minerals: all-purpose flour vs self rising flour
Compares of all-purpose flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Arrowroot Flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Fluor
- All-Purpose Flour vs Potato Flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Soy Flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Wheat Flour
- All-Purpose Flour vs Oat Flour
- see all compares of all-purpose flour
Compares of self rising flour
- Calories from All-purpose flour
- Calories of Mussels
- Calories in Lo Mein
- Red Bull calories per 100g
- Mushrooms gravy carbs per 100g
- Frozen yogurt sandwich protein per 100g
- Fruit smoothie fat per 100g
- How many calories does balsamic vinegar have?
- Calories in a half of navel orange
- Calories in whole navel orange
- Calories for one, two or more navel oranges
- How much protein in Reese?
- All-Purpose Flour vs Pastry Flour nutrition
- All-Purpose Flour vs Rice Flour calories
- Almond Flour vs Rice Flour protein
- Almond Flour vs Bread Flour sugar
- Almond Flour vs Cake Flour vitamins
- Almond Flour vs Almond Butter dietary fiber
- Arrowroot Flour vs Tapioca Flour vitaminium C
- Barley vs Bulgur magnessium
- Barley vs Lentils potassium