Yuca vs Plantain: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Yuca
At first glance, you can see that in yuca is much less calories than in plantain.
Yuca has 75 kcal per 100g and plantain 122 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 63%.
In yuca and in plantain most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare yuca with plantain in details.
Fact 2: Yuca And Plantain Nutrition Difference
Plantain vs Yuca: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||18.87 g||31.89 g|
|Protein||0.94 g||1.3 g|
|Sodium||525 mg||4 mg|
Less protein in yuca
It is aslo easy to see see that in yuca is less protein than in plantain.
There is 1.3g per 100g of plantain and 0.94g per 100g of yuca so using simple math we can see that difference is about 38%.
Less carbohydrates in yuca
In yuca is less carbohydrates than in plantain.
There is 31.89g/100g of carbohydrates in plantain and 18.87g/100g in yuca so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 69%.
- Carbohydrates18.87 g
- Protein0.94 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 95% CARBS.
- 5% PROTEIN
- 0% FAT
Compares of yuca
- Yuca vs Cassava
- Yuca vs Potato
- Yuca vs Sweet Potato
- Yuca vs Yam
- Yuca vs Russet Potato
- Yuca vs Jicama
- see all compares of yuca
Compares of plantain
- Calories from Yuca
- Calories of Larabar Chocolate Truffles
- Calories in Baked pork chop
- White potatoes calories per 100g
- Lucky Charms carbs per 100g
- Yogurt Parfait protein per 100g
- Chia pudding fat per 100g
- How many calories does black bean salad have?
- Calories in a half of Sangria
- Calories in whole Sangria
- Calories for one, two or more Sangria
- Calories in glass of Sangria
- Calories in cup of Sangria
- How much protein in pink lady apple?