Plantain: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Plantain: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, one plantain, slice and more
How many calories in plantain?
In particular, medium size plantain (179 g) has about 218 calories.
It is about 9% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 218 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from plantain is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 4 apples
- 2.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2 slices of cheese
- 2 slices of bread
- 1.5 glasses of milk
- 11 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about plantain nutrition.
See all nutrition data of plantain on charts.
Plantain: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce||medium size plantain (179 g)|
|Carbs Total||31.89 g||9.04 g||57.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.7 g||0.48 g||3 g|
|Fat||0.35 g||< 0.1 g||0.6 g|
|Protein||1.3 g||0.37 g||2.3 g|
|Water||65.2 g||18.48 g||116.7 g|
plantain - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A1127 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.062 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.076 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)0.672 mg
- Vit B60.242 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)0.022 mcg
- Vit C18.4 mg
- Vit K0.029 mg
Energy content of plantain
- 94% CARBS
- 4% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
plantain - minerals per 100g
- Potassium487 mg
- Magnessium36 mg
- Calcium3 mg
- Sodium4 mg
- Iron0.55 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 plantains?
As I wrote before medium size plantain (179 g) have 218 calories. It is easy to count that two plantains have about 436 calories and three plantains have about 654 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five plantains.
- Medium size plantain (179 g)218 kcal
- Slice of plantain (10g)12 kcal
- Plantain cup mashed (200g)244 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of plantains35 kcal
- Half of medium size plantain109 kcal
- Small size plantain (143g)174.4 kcal
- Big size plantain (233g)283.4 kcal
- Two medium size plantains436 kcal
- Three medium size plantains654 kcal
- Four medium size plantains872 kcal
- Five medium size plantains1090 kcal
Protein in plantain
Plantains have 1.3 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size plantain (179 g) you can see that you will get about 2.3 g of protein.
Carbs in plantains
Plantains have 31.89 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size plantain (179 g) has about 57.1 g of carbs.
Fat in plantains
Plantains have 0.35 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size plantain (179 g) has about 0.6 g of fat.
medium size plantain (179 g) has:218kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare plantain with other fruits
When you look at charts below you will see how plantain looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does boiled banana have?
- Calories in tablespoon of grape jelly
- Calories in teaspoon of grape jelly
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in cosmic brownie?
- How much fat in smoked salmon?
- How much protein in sprite?
- What is weight of nachos?
- Potato bread calories per ounce (oz)
- Cardamom calories per serving size