Chicken vs Chicken Legs: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Chicken
At first glance, you can see that in chicken is much less calories than in chicken leg.
Chicken has 114 kcal per 100g and chicken leg 214 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 88%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in chicken cames from protein and in chicken leg from fat.
See tables below to compare chicken with chicken leg in details.
Fact 2: Chicken And Chicken leg Nutrition Difference
Chicken leg vs Chicken: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chicken||Chicken legs|
|Fat||1.65 g||15.95 g|
|Protein||23.2 g||16.37 g|
|Water||74.86 g||67.3 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||0.73 mg||0.69 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||19 mg|
|Potassium||239 mg||203 mg|
|Sodium||68 mg||84 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.068 mg||0.073 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.092 mg||0.141 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||10.604 mg||4.733 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.54 mg||0.318 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.004 mg||0.004 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.22 mg||0.22 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
More protein in chicken
It is aslo easy to see see that in chicken is more protein than in chicken leg.
There is 16.37g per 100g of chicken leg and 23.2g per 100g of chicken so using simple math we can see that difference is about 42%.
Less fat in chicken
In chicken is less fats than in chicken leg.
The tables above show us that there is 15.95g/100g of fats in chicken leg and 1.65g/100g in chicken. In this case difference is about 867%.
- Fat1.65 g
- Protein23.2 g
- Water74.86 g
100g | ounce | single piece | breast | thigh | leg | wing
- 0% CARBS.
- 86% PROTEIN
- 14% FAT
Vitamins: chicken leg vs chicken
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chicken leg 7% more than chicken
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chicken leg 53% more than chicken
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chicken 124% more than chicken leg
- Vitaminium B6: chicken 70% more than chicken leg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chicken leg 0% more than chicken
- Vitaminium E: chicken leg 0% more than chicken
- Vitaminium K: chicken leg 0% more than chicken
Minerals: chicken vs chicken leg
Compares of chicken
- Chicken vs Chicken Breast
- Chicken vs Chicken Leg
- Chicken vs Duck Meat
- Chicken vs Goose Meat
- Chicken vs Goose Liver
- Chicken vs Turkey Meat
- see all compares of chicken
Compares of chicken leg
- Calories from Chicken
- Calories of Lemon juice
- Calories in Coffee
- Cocoa calories per 100g
- Stromboli carbs per 100g
- Moo Goo Gai Pan protein per 100g
- Boost, Nutritional drink fat per 100g
- How many calories does gulab jamun have?
- Calories in a half of brandy and cola
- Calories in whole brandy and cola
- Calories for one, two or more brandy and cola
- Calories in glass of brandy and cola
- Calories in cup of brandy and cola
- How much protein in Quaker Oatmeal?