Cereal vs Millet: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cereals
At first glance, you can see that in cereals is just a little more calories than in millet.
Cereals has 379 kcal per 100g and millet 378 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 0%.
In cereals and in millet most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cereals with millet in details.
Fact 2: Cereals And Millet Nutrition Difference
Millet vs Cereals: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||67.7 g||72.85 g|
|Fat||6.52 g||4.22 g|
|Dietary fiber||10.1 g||8.5 g|
|Protein||13.15 g||11.02 g|
|Water||10.84 g||8.67 g|
|Calcium||52 mg||8 mg|
|Iron||4.25 mg||3.01 mg|
|Magnessium||138 mg||114 mg|
|Potassium||362 mg||195 mg|
|Sodium||6 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.46 mg||0.421 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.155 mg||0.29 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.125 mg||4.72 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.1 mg||0.384 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.032 mg||0.085 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.42 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.001 mg|
More protein in cereals
It is aslo easy to see see that in cereals is more protein than in millet.
There is 11.02g per 100g of millet and 13.15g per 100g of cereals so using simple math we can see that difference is about 19%.
Less carbohydrates in cereals
In cereals is less carbohydrates than in millet.
There is 72.85g/100g of carbohydrates in millet and 67.7g/100g in cereals so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 8%.
More fat in cereals
In cereals is more fats than in millet.
The tables above show us that there is 4.22g/100g of fats in millet and 6.52g/100g in cereals. In this case difference is about 55%.
- Carbohydrates67.7 g
- Fat6.52 g
- Dietary fiber10.1 g
- Protein13.15 g
- Water10.84 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 71% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 15% FAT
Vitamins: millet vs cereals
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cereals 9% more than millet
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): millet 87% more than cereals
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): millet 320% more than cereals
- Vitaminium B6: millet 284% more than cereals
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): millet 166% more than cereals
- Vitaminium E: cereals 740% more than millet
- Vitaminium K: cereals 100% more than millet
Minerals: cereals vs millet
Compares of cereals
- Cereals vs Corn Flakes
- Cereals vs Granola
- Cereals vs Muesli
- Cereals vs Oatmeal
- Cereals vs Millet
- Cereals vs Oats
- see all compares of cereals
Compares of millet
- Calories from Cereal
- Calories of Chicken barbecue sandwich
- Calories in Ham and cheese sandwich
- Jack Daniels calories per 100g
- Honeydew melon carbs per 100g
- Mozzarella cheese sticks protein per 100g
- Poke bowl fat per 100g
- How many calories does Pad Thai with seafood have?
- Calories in a half of chocolate chip cookie
- Calories in whole chocolate chip cookie
- Calories for one, two or more chocolate chip cookies
- How much protein in baby potatoes?
- Cereals vs Oats nutrition
- Cereals vs Granola calories
- Almond Flour vs Wheat Flour protein
- Almond Flour vs Fluor sugar
- Almond Flour vs Arrowroot Flour vitamins
- Almond Flour vs Oat Flour dietary fiber
- Almond Flour vs Peanut Flour vitaminium C
- Steel Cut Oats vs Quinoa magnessium
- Steel Cut Oats vs Oatmeal potassium