Cauliflower vs Mashed Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cauliflower
At first glance, you can see that in cauliflower is much less calories than in mashed potato.
Cauliflower has 25 kcal per 100g and mashed potato 111 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 344%.
In cauliflower and in mashed potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cauliflower with mashed potato in details.
Fact 2: Cauliflower And Mashed potato Nutrition Difference
Mashed potato vs Cauliflower: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cauliflower||Mashed potato|
|Carbohydrates||4.97 g||17.69 g|
|Fat||0.28 g||3.79 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||1.2 g|
|Protein||1.92 g||2.15 g|
|Calcium||22 mg||25 mg|
|Iron||0.42 mg||0.28 mg|
|Magnessium||15 mg||21 mg|
|Potassium||299 mg||330 mg|
|Sodium||30 mg||212 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.05 mg||0.088 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.06 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.507 mg||1.107 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.184 mg||0.279 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||57 mg||0.008 mg|
|Vitaminium C||48.2 mg||10.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.31 mg|
|Vitaminium K||15.5 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in cauliflower
It is aslo easy to see see that in cauliflower is less protein than in mashed potato.
There is 2.15g per 100g of mashed potato and 1.92g per 100g of cauliflower so using simple math we can see that difference is about 12%.
Less carbohydrates in cauliflower
In cauliflower is less carbohydrates than in mashed potato.
There is 17.69g/100g of carbohydrates in mashed potato and 4.97g/100g in cauliflower so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 256%.
Less fat in cauliflower
In cauliflower is less fats than in mashed potato.
The tables above show us that there is 3.79g/100g of fats in mashed potato and 0.28g/100g in cauliflower. In this case difference is about 1254%.
- Carbohydrates4.97 g
- Fat0.28 g
- Dietary fiber2 g
- Protein1.92 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | 1 floret
- 66% CARBS.
- 26% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: mashed potato vs cauliflower
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): mashed potato 76% more than cauliflower
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cauliflower 9% more than mashed potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): mashed potato 118% more than cauliflower
- Vitaminium B6: mashed potato 52% more than cauliflower
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cauliflower 712400% more than mashed potato
- Vitaminium C: cauliflower 377% more than mashed potato
- Vitaminium E: mashed potato 288% more than cauliflower
- Vitaminium K: cauliflower 774900% more than mashed potato
Minerals: cauliflower vs mashed potato
Compares of cauliflower
- Cauliflower vs Artichoke
- Cauliflower vs Arugula
- Cauliflower vs Asparagus
- Cauliflower vs Beetroot
- Cauliflower vs Bitter Melon
- Cauliflower vs Bok Choy
- see all compares of cauliflower
Compares of mashed potato
- see all compares of mashed potato
- Calories from Cauliflower
- Calories of Fodder cabbage
- Calories in Cucumber
- Eggplant calories per 100g
- Endive carbs per 100g
- Fava beans protein per 100g
- Fennel fat per 100g
- How many calories does kale have?
- Calories in a half of leek
- Calories in whole leek
- Calories for one, two or more leeks
- How much protein in lettuce?