Black Beans vs Pinto Beans: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Black beans
At first glance, you can see that in black beans is just a little less calories than in pinto beans.
Black beans has 341 kcal per 100g and pinto beans 347 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 2%.
In black beans and in pinto beans most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare black beans with pinto beans in details.
Fact 2: Black beans And Pinto beans Nutrition Difference
Pinto beans vs Black beans: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Black beans||Pinto beans|
|Carbohydrates||62.36 g||62.55 g|
|Fat||1.42 g||1.23 g|
|Dietary fiber||15.5 g||15.5 g|
|Protein||21.6 g||21.42 g|
|Water||11.02 g||11.33 g|
|Calcium||123 mg||113 mg|
|Iron||5.02 mg||5.07 mg|
|Magnessium||171 mg||176 mg|
|Potassium||1483 mg||1393 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||12 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.9 mg||0.713 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.193 mg||0.212 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.955 mg||1.174 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.286 mg||0.474 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.444 mg||0.525 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.21 mg||0.21 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.006 mg||0.006 mg|
More protein in black beans
It is aslo easy to see see that in black beans is more protein than in pinto beans.
There is 21.42g per 100g of pinto beans and 21.6g per 100g of black beans so using simple math we can see that difference is about 1%.
Less carbohydrates in black beans
In black beans is less carbohydrates than in pinto beans.
There is 62.55g/100g of carbohydrates in pinto beans and 62.36g/100g in black beans so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 0%.
More fat in black beans
In black beans is more fats than in pinto beans.
The tables above show us that there is 1.23g/100g of fats in pinto beans and 1.42g/100g in black beans. In this case difference is about 15%.
- Carbohydrates62.36 g
- Fat1.42 g
- Dietary fiber15.5 g
- Protein21.6 g
- Water11.02 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 72% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: pinto beans vs black beans
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): black beans 26% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pinto beans 10% more than black beans
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): black beans 67% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium B6: pinto beans 66% more than black beans
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pinto beans 18% more than black beans
- Vitaminium E: pinto beans 0% more than black beans
- Vitaminium K: pinto beans 0% more than black beans
Minerals: black beans vs pinto beans
Compares of black beans
- Black Beans vs Fava Beans
- Black Beans vs Lima Beans
- Black Beans vs Lentil
- Black Beans vs Edamame
- Black Beans vs Pinto Beans
- Black Beans vs Garbanzo Beans
- see all compares of black beans
Compares of pinto beans
- Calories from Black beans
- Calories of Black bread
- Calories in Fried egg white
- Roasted cashews calories per 100g
- Dried Goji berries carbs per 100g
- Sweet potato mash protein per 100g
- Egg salad fat per 100g
- How many calories does brown bread have?
- Calories in a half of tortilla
- Calories in whole tortilla
- Calories for one, two or more tortillas
- How much protein in McRoyal?
- Black Beans vs Garbanzo Beans nutrition
- Black Beans vs Kidney Beans calories
- Black Beans vs Black Eyed Peas protein
- Black Beans vs Red Lentils sugar
- Buttercup Squash vs Acorn Squash vitamins
- Russet Potato vs Yuca dietary fiber
- Russet Potato vs Baby Potatoes vitaminium C
- Russet Potato vs Red Potato magnessium
- Hot Chili Pepper vs Jalapeno potassium