Black Beans vs Edamame: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
More Calories in Black beans
At first glance, you can see that in black beans is much more calories than in edamame.
Black beans has 341 kcal per 100g and edamame 121 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 182%.
In black beans and in edamame most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare black beans with edamame in details.
Black beans And Edamame Nutrition Difference
Edamame vs Black beans: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Black beans||Edamame|
|Carbohydrates||62.36 g||8.91 g|
|Fat||1.42 g||5.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||15.5 g||5.2 g|
|Protein||21.6 g||11.91 g|
|Water||11.02 g||72.77 g|
|Calcium||123 mg||63 mg|
|Iron||5.02 mg||2.27 mg|
|Magnessium||171 mg||64 mg|
|Potassium||1483 mg||436 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||6 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.9 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.193 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.955 mg||0.915 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.286 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.444 mg||0.311 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.21 mg||0.68 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.006 mg||0.027 mg|
More protein in black beans
It is aslo easy to see see that in black beans is more protein than in edamame.
There is 11.91g per 100g of edamame and 21.6g per 100g of black beans so using simple math we can see that difference is about 81%.
More carbohydrates in black beans
In black beans is more carbohydrates than in edamame.
There is 8.91g/100g of carbohydrates in edamame and 62.36g/100g in black beans so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 600%.
Less fat in black beans
In black beans is less fats than in edamame.
The tables above show us that there is 5.2g/100g of fats in edamame and 1.42g/100g in black beans. In this case difference is about 266%.
- Carbohydrates62.36 g
- Fat1.42 g
- Dietary fiber15.5 g
- Protein21.6 g
- Water11.02 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 72% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: edamame vs black beans
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
black beans - 350% more than edamame
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
black beans - 25% more than edamame
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
black beans - 114% more than edamame
- Vitaminium B6:
black beans - 186% more than edamame
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
black beans - 43% more than edamame
- Vitaminium E:
edamame - 224% more than black beans
- Vitaminium K:
edamame - 350% more than black beans
Compares of black beans
- Black Beans vs Fava Beans
- Black Beans vs Lima Beans
- Black Beans vs Lentil
- Black Beans vs Edamame
- Black Beans vs Pinto Beans
- Black Beans vs Garbanzo Beans
- see all compares of black beans
Compares of edamame
- Calories from Black beans
- Calories of Black bread
- Calories in Fried egg white
- Roasted cashews calories per 100g
- Dried Goji berries carbs per 100g
- Sweet potato mash protein per 100g
- Egg salad fat per 100g
- How many calories does brown bread have?
- Calories in a half of tortilla
- Calories in whole tortilla
- Calories for one, two or more tortillas
- How much protein in McRoyal?
- Black Beans vs Pinto Beans nutrition
- Black Beans vs Garbanzo Beans calories
- Black Beans vs Kidney Beans protein
- Black Beans vs Black Eyed Peas sugar
- Black Beans vs Red Lentils vitamins
- Buttercup Squash vs Acorn Squash dietary fiber
- Russet Potato vs Yuca vitaminium C
- Russet Potato vs Baby Potatoes magnessium
- Russet Potato vs Red Potato potassium