Avocado vs Banana: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Avocado
At first glance, you can see that in avocado is much more calories than in banana.
Avocado has 160 kcal per 100g and banana 89 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 80%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in avocado cames from fat and in banana from carbs.
See tables below to compare avocado with banana in details.
Fact 2: Avocado And Banana Nutrition Difference
Banana vs Avocado: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||8.53 g||22.84 g|
|Fat||14.66 g||0.33 g|
|Saturated fat||1.8 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||6.7 g||2.6 g|
|Protein||2 g||1.09 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||5 mg|
|Iron||0.55 mg||0.26 mg|
|Magnessium||29 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||52 mg||22 mg|
|Potassium||485 mg||358 mg|
|Sodium||7 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||0.64 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.067 mg||0.031 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.13 mg||0.073 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.738 mg||0.665 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||1.389 mg||0.334 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.257 mg||0.367 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||81 mg||20 mg|
|Vitaminium C||10 mg||8.7 mg|
|Vitaminium E||2.07 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium K||21 mg||0.5 mg|
|Beta karoten||62 mg||26 mg|
More protein in avocado
It is aslo easy to see see that in avocado is more protein than in banana.
There is 1.09g per 100g of banana and 2g per 100g of avocado so using simple math we can see that difference is about 83%.
Less carbohydrates in avocado
In avocado is less carbohydrates than in banana.
There is 22.84g/100g of carbohydrates in banana and 8.53g/100g in avocado so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 168%.
More fat in avocado
In avocado is more fats than in banana.
The tables above show us that there is 0.33g/100g of fats in banana and 14.66g/100g in avocado. In this case difference is about 4342%.
- Carbohydrates8.53 g
- Fat14.66 g
- Saturated fat1.8 g
- Dietary fiber6.7 g
- Protein2 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 20% CARBS.
- 5% PROTEIN
- 76% FAT
Vitamins: banana vs avocado
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): avocado 116% more than banana
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): avocado 78% more than banana
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): avocado 161% more than banana
- Vitaminium B5: avocado 316% more than banana
- Vitaminium B6: banana 43% more than avocado
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): avocado 305% more than banana
- Vitaminium C: avocado 15% more than banana
- Vitaminium E: avocado 1970% more than banana
- Vitaminium K: avocado 4100% more than banana
- Beta karoten: avocado 138% more than banana
Minerals: avocado vs banana
Compares of avocado
- Avocado vs Apple
- Avocado vs Apricot
- Avocado vs Banana
- Avocado vs Blueberries
- Avocado vs Melon
- Avocado vs Cherimoya
- see all compares of avocado
Compares of banana
- Calories from Avocado
- Calories of Banana
- Calories in Apple
- Blackberries calories per 100g
- Blackcurrant carbs per 100g
- Blueberries protein per 100g
- Melon fat per 100g
- How many calories does cherimoya have?
- Calories in handful of Cranberries
- Calories in tablespoon of Cranberries
- Calories in teaspoon of Cranberries
- How much protein in dates?