Eel (Fillet, Meat) vs Tuna: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Eel
At first glance, you can see that in eel is more calories than in tuna.
Eel has 184 kcal per 100g and tuna 144 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 28%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in eel cames from fat and in tuna from protein.
See tables below to compare eel with tuna in details.
Fact 2: Eel And Tuna Nutrition Difference
Tuna vs Eel: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Eel (fillet, meat)||Tuna|
|Fat||11.66 g||4.9 g|
|Protein||18.44 g||23.33 g|
|Water||68.26 g||68.09 g|
|Calcium||20 mg||8 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||1.02 mg|
|Magnessium||20 mg||50 mg|
|Phosphorus||23.3 mg||5.7 mg|
|Potassium||272 mg||252 mg|
|Sodium||51 mg||39 mg|
|Zink||23.3 mg||5.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.15 mg||0.241 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.251 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.5 mg||8.654 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.067 mg||0.455 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.015 mg||0.002 mg|
|Vitaminium E||4 mg||1 mg|
Less protein in eel
It is aslo easy to see see that in eel is less protein than in tuna.
There is 23.33g per 100g of tuna and 18.44g per 100g of eel so using simple math we can see that difference is about 27%.
More fat in eel
In eel is more fats than in tuna.
The tables above show us that there is 4.9g/100g of fats in tuna and 11.66g/100g in eel. In this case difference is about 138%.
- Fat11.66 g
- Protein18.44 g
- Water68.26 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 41% PROTEIN
- 59% FAT
Vitamins: tuna vs eel
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): tuna 61% more than eel
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): tuna 528% more than eel
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): tuna 147% more than eel
- Vitaminium B6: tuna 579% more than eel
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): eel 650% more than tuna
- Vitaminium E: eel 300% more than tuna
Minerals: eel vs tuna
Compares of eel
- Eel vs Cod Fillet
- Eel vs Mackerel
- Eel vs Perch
- Eel vs Tuna
- Eel vs Salmon
- Eel vs Tilapia
- see all compares of eel
Compares of tuna
- Calories from Eel (fillet, meat)
- Calories of Mozzarella cheese
- Calories in Vermouth
- French baguette calories per 100g
- Calamari rings carbs per 100g
- Animal crackers protein per 100g
- Prosciutto fat per 100g
- How many calories does vanilla latte have?
- Calories in a half of pepper jack cheese
- Calories in whole pepper jack cheese
- Calories for one, two or more pepper jack cheese
- Calories in slice of pepper jack cheese
- How much protein in raisin bran?