Couscous vs Bread: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Couscous
At first glance, you can see that in couscous is much less calories than in bread.
Couscous has 112 kcal per 100g and bread 266 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 138%.
In couscous and in bread most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare couscous with bread in details.
Fact 2: Couscous And Bread Nutrition Difference
Bread vs Couscous: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||23.22 g||49.42 g|
|Fat||0.16 g||3.33 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.4 g||2.7 g|
|Protein||3.79 g||8.85 g|
|Water||72.57 g||36.42 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||144 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||3.61 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||23 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.2 mg|
|Potassium||58 mg||126 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||490 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.063 mg||0.533 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.027 mg||0.243 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.983 mg||4.78 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.051 mg||0.087 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.015 mg||0.171 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.13 mg||0.22 mg|
Less protein in couscous
It is aslo easy to see see that in couscous is less protein than in bread.
There is 8.85g per 100g of bread and 3.79g per 100g of couscous so using simple math we can see that difference is about 134%.
Less carbohydrates in couscous
In couscous is less carbohydrates than in bread.
There is 49.42g/100g of carbohydrates in bread and 23.22g/100g in couscous so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 113%.
Less fat in couscous
In couscous is less fats than in bread.
The tables above show us that there is 3.33g/100g of fats in bread and 0.16g/100g in couscous. In this case difference is about 1981%.
- Carbohydrates23.22 g
- Fat0.16 g
- Dietary fiber1.4 g
- Protein3.79 g
- Water72.57 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | glass | cup cooked | cup raw
- 85% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: bread vs couscous
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): bread 746% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): bread 800% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): bread 386% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B6: bread 71% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): bread 1040% more than couscous
- Vitaminium E: bread 69% more than couscous
Minerals: couscous vs bread
Compares of couscous
- Couscous vs Wheat Flour
- Couscous vs Cooked Pasta
- Couscous vs Whole Wheat Pasta
- Couscous vs Oatmeal
- Couscous vs Spaghetti
- Couscous vs Millet
- see all compares of couscous
Compares of bread
- Calories from Couscous
- Calories of Oatmeal bread
- Calories in Bread flour
- Gouda cheese calories per 100g
- Avocado oil carbs per 100g
- Dried cranberries protein per 100g
- Whisky (whiskey) fat per 100g
- How many calories does horseflesh have?
- Calories in a half of pumpkin bread
- Calories in whole pumpkin bread
- Calories for one, two or more pumpkin bread
- Calories in slice of pumpkin bread
- How much protein in coconut flour?