Cereal vs Oatmeal: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cereals
At first glance, you can see that in cereals is much more calories than in oatmeal.
Cereals has 379 kcal per 100g and oatmeal 68 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 457%.
In cereals and in oatmeal most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cereals with oatmeal in details.
Fact 2: Cereals And Oatmeal Nutrition Difference
Oatmeal vs Cereals: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||67.7 g||11.67 g|
|Fat||6.52 g||1.36 g|
|Dietary fiber||10.1 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||13.15 g||2.37 g|
|Water||10.84 g||84.03 g|
|Calcium||52 mg||80 mg|
|Iron||4.25 mg||5.96 mg|
|Magnessium||138 mg||26 mg|
|Potassium||362 mg||61 mg|
|Sodium||6 mg||49 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.155 mg||0.215 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.125 mg||3.025 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.1 mg||0.29 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.032 mg||39 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.42 mg||0.07 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.4 mg|
More protein in cereals
It is aslo easy to see see that in cereals is more protein than in oatmeal.
There is 2.37g per 100g of oatmeal and 13.15g per 100g of cereals so using simple math we can see that difference is about 455%.
More carbohydrates in cereals
In cereals is more carbohydrates than in oatmeal.
There is 11.67g/100g of carbohydrates in oatmeal and 67.7g/100g in cereals so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 480%.
More fat in cereals
In cereals is more fats than in oatmeal.
The tables above show us that there is 1.36g/100g of fats in oatmeal and 6.52g/100g in cereals. In this case difference is about 379%.
- Carbohydrates67.7 g
- Fat6.52 g
- Dietary fiber10.1 g
- Protein13.15 g
- Water10.84 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 71% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 15% FAT
Vitamins: oatmeal vs cereals
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): oatmeal 39% more than cereals
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): oatmeal 169% more than cereals
- Vitaminium B6: oatmeal 190% more than cereals
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): oatmeal 121775% more than cereals
- Vitaminium E: cereals 500% more than oatmeal
- Vitaminium K: oatmeal 19900% more than cereals
Minerals: cereals vs oatmeal
Compares of cereals
- Cereals vs Corn Flakes
- Cereals vs Granola
- Cereals vs Muesli
- Cereals vs Oatmeal
- Cereals vs Millet
- Cereals vs Oats
- see all compares of cereals
Compares of oatmeal
- Calories from Cereal
- Calories of Chicken barbecue sandwich
- Calories in Ham and cheese sandwich
- Jack Daniels calories per 100g
- Honeydew melon carbs per 100g
- Mozzarella cheese sticks protein per 100g
- Poke bowl fat per 100g
- How many calories does Pad Thai with seafood have?
- Calories in a half of chocolate chip cookie
- Calories in whole chocolate chip cookie
- Calories for one, two or more chocolate chip cookies
- How much protein in baby potatoes?