Bulgur vs Couscous: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Bulgur
At first glance, you can see that in bulgur is much more calories than in couscous.
Bulgur has 342 kcal per 100g and couscous 112 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 205%.
In bulgur and in couscous most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bulgur with couscous in details.
Fact 2: Bulgur And Couscous Nutrition Difference
Couscous vs Bulgur: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||75.87 g||23.22 g|
|Fat||1.33 g||0.16 g|
|Dietary fiber||12.5 g||1.4 g|
|Protein||12.29 g||3.79 g|
|Water||9 g||72.57 g|
|Calcium||35 mg||8 mg|
|Iron||2.46 mg||0.38 mg|
|Magnessium||164 mg||8 mg|
|Potassium||410 mg||58 mg|
|Sodium||17 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.232 mg||0.063 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.115 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||5.114 mg||0.983 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.342 mg||0.051 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.027 mg||0.015 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.06 mg||0.13 mg|
More protein in bulgur
It is aslo easy to see see that in bulgur is more protein than in couscous.
There is 3.79g per 100g of couscous and 12.29g per 100g of bulgur so using simple math we can see that difference is about 224%.
More carbohydrates in bulgur
In bulgur is more carbohydrates than in couscous.
There is 23.22g/100g of carbohydrates in couscous and 75.87g/100g in bulgur so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 227%.
More fat in bulgur
In bulgur is more fats than in couscous.
The tables above show us that there is 0.16g/100g of fats in couscous and 1.33g/100g in bulgur. In this case difference is about 731%.
- Carbohydrates75.87 g
- Fat1.33 g
- Dietary fiber12.5 g
- Protein12.29 g
- Water9 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 83% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: couscous vs bulgur
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): bulgur 268% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): bulgur 326% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): bulgur 420% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B6: bulgur 571% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): bulgur 80% more than couscous
- Vitaminium E: couscous 117% more than bulgur
Minerals: bulgur vs couscous
Compares of bulgur
- Bulgur vs Barley
- Bulgur vs Brown Rice
- Bulgur vs Buckwheat
- Bulgur vs Quinoa
- Bulgur vs Couscous
- Bulgur vs White Rice
- see all compares of bulgur
Compares of couscous
- Calories from Bulgur
- Calories of Goat's milk
- Calories in Goose breast
- Mandarin juice calories per 100g
- Tea carbs per 100g
- Steak protein per 100g
- Goulash fat per 100g
- How many calories does italian sub have?
- Calories in a half of chicken liver
- Calories in whole chicken liver
- Calories for one, two or more chicken liver
- How much protein in instant oatmeal?