Buckwheat vs Pumpkin Seeds: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Buckwheat
At first glance, you can see that in buckwheat is much less calories than in pumpkin seeds.
Buckwheat has 343 kcal per 100g and pumpkin seeds 559 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 63%.
In buckwheat and in pumpkin seeds most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare buckwheat with pumpkin seeds in details.
Fact 2: Buckwheat And Pumpkin seeds Nutrition Difference
Pumpkin seeds vs Buckwheat: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Buckwheat||Pumpkin seeds|
|Carbohydrates||71.5 g||10.71 g|
|Fat||3.4 g||49.05 g|
|Dietary fiber||10 g||6 g|
|Protein||13.25 g||30.23 g|
|Calcium||18 mg||46 mg|
|Iron||2.2 mg||8.82 mg|
|Magnessium||231 mg||592 mg|
|Phosphorus||347 mg||1233 mg|
|Potassium||460 mg||809 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||7 mg|
|Zink||2.4 mg||7.81 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.101 mg||0.273 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.425 mg||0.153 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||7.02 mg||4.987 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||1.233 mg||0.75 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||30 mg||58 mg|
Less protein in buckwheat
It is aslo easy to see see that in buckwheat is less protein than in pumpkin seeds.
There is 30.23g per 100g of pumpkin seeds and 13.25g per 100g of buckwheat so using simple math we can see that difference is about 128%.
More carbohydrates in buckwheat
In buckwheat is more carbohydrates than in pumpkin seeds.
There is 10.71g/100g of carbohydrates in pumpkin seeds and 71.5g/100g in buckwheat so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 568%.
Less fat in buckwheat
In buckwheat is less fats than in pumpkin seeds.
The tables above show us that there is 49.05g/100g of fats in pumpkin seeds and 3.4g/100g in buckwheat. In this case difference is about 1343%.
- Carbohydrates71.5 g
- Fat3.4 g
- Dietary fiber10 g
- Protein13.25 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 77% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: pumpkin seeds vs buckwheat
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): pumpkin seeds 170% more than buckwheat
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): buckwheat 178% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): buckwheat 41% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B5: buckwheat 64% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pumpkin seeds 93% more than buckwheat
Minerals: buckwheat vs pumpkin seeds
- Calcium: pumpkin seeds 156% more than buckwheat
- Iron: pumpkin seeds 301% more than buckwheat
- Magnessium: pumpkin seeds 156% more than buckwheat
- Phosphorus: pumpkin seeds 255% more than buckwheat
- Potassium: pumpkin seeds 76% more than buckwheat
- Sodium: pumpkin seeds 600% more than buckwheat
- Zink: pumpkin seeds 225% more than buckwheat
Compares of buckwheat
- Buckwheat vs Chia Seeds
- Buckwheat vs Linseed
- Buckwheat vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Buckwheat vs Quinoa
- Buckwheat vs Sesame
- Buckwheat vs Sunflower
- see all compares of buckwheat