Steel Cut Oats vs Brown Rice: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Steel cut oats
At first glance, you can see that in steel cut oats is just a little more calories than in brown rice.
Steel cut oats has 375 kcal per 100g and brown rice 370 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 1%.
In steel cut oats and in brown rice most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare steel cut oats with brown rice in details.
Fact 2: Steel cut oats And Brown rice Nutrition Difference
Brown rice vs Steel cut oats: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Steel cut oats||Brown rice|
|Carbohydrates||67.5 g||78.68 g|
|Fat||6.25 g||2.75 g|
|Dietary fiber||10 g||3.5 g|
|Protein||12.5 g||7.6 g|
|Iron||4.25 mg||1.16 mg|
|Potassium||350 mg||219 mg|
More protein in steel cut oats
It is aslo easy to see see that in steel cut oats is more protein than in brown rice.
There is 7.6g per 100g of brown rice and 12.5g per 100g of steel cut oats so using simple math we can see that difference is about 64%.
Less carbohydrates in steel cut oats
In steel cut oats is less carbohydrates than in brown rice.
There is 78.68g/100g of carbohydrates in brown rice and 67.5g/100g in steel cut oats so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 17%.
More fat in steel cut oats
In steel cut oats is more fats than in brown rice.
The tables above show us that there is 2.75g/100g of fats in brown rice and 6.25g/100g in steel cut oats. In this case difference is about 127%.
- Carbohydrates67.5 g
- Fat6.25 g
- Dietary fiber10 g
- Protein12.5 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 72% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 15% FAT
Compares of steel cut oats
- Steel Cut Oats vs Quinoa
- Steel Cut Oats vs Oatmeal
- Steel Cut Oats vs Brown Rice
- Steel Cut Oats vs Quick Oats
- see all compares of steel cut oats
Compares of brown rice
- Calories from Steel cut oats
- Calories of Dried shiitake mushrooms
- Calories in Salsa
- Vodka and tonic calories per 100g
- Red wine vinegar carbs per 100g
- Bratwurst protein per 100g
- Quesadilla with vegetables fat per 100g
- How many calories does american cheese have?
- Calories in a half of Taco Bell Taco
- Calories in whole Taco Bell Taco
- Calories for one, two or more Taco Bell Taco
- How much protein in bagel with cheese and bacon?
- Steel Cut Oats vs Quick Oats nutrition
- Cornstarch vs Arrowroot Flour calories
- All-Purpose Flour vs Wheat Flour protein
- All-Purpose Flour vs Oat Flour sugar
- All-Purpose Flour vs Almond Flour vitamins
- All-Purpose Flour vs Cornstarch dietary fiber
- Soba Noodles vs Quinoa vitaminium C
- Soba Noodles vs Raw Pasta magnessium
- Soba Noodles vs Brown Rice potassium