Cornstarch vs Arrowroot Flour: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
More Calories in Cornstarch
At first glance, you can see that in cornstarch is just a little more calories than in arrowroot flour.
Cornstarch has 381 kcal per 100g and arrowroot flour 357 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 7%.
In cornstarch and in arrowroot flour most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cornstarch with arrowroot flour in details.
Cornstarch And Arrowroot flour Nutrition Difference
cornstarch - 7% more than arrowroot flour
cornstarch - 4% more than arrowroot flour
arrowroot flour - 100% more than cornstarch
- Dietary fiber:
arrowroot flour - 278% more than cornstarch
arrowroot flour - 15% more than cornstarch
arrowroot flour - 37% more than cornstarch
Arrowroot flour vs Cornstarch: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cornstarch||Arrowroot flour|
|Carbohydrates||91.27 g||88.15 g|
|Fat||0.05 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.9 g||3.4 g|
|Protein||0.26 g||0.3 g|
|Water||8.32 g||11.37 g|
|Calcium||2 mg||40 mg|
|Iron||0.47 mg||0.33 mg|
|Magnessium||3 mg||3 mg|
|Potassium||3 mg||11 mg|
|Sodium||9 mg||2 mg|
Less protein in cornstarch
It is aslo easy to see see that in cornstarch is less protein than in arrowroot flour.
There is 0.3g per 100g of arrowroot flour and 0.26g per 100g of cornstarch so using simple math we can see that difference is about 15%.
More carbohydrates in cornstarch
In cornstarch is more carbohydrates than in arrowroot flour.
There is 88.15g/100g of carbohydrates in arrowroot flour and 91.27g/100g in cornstarch so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 4%.
Less fat in cornstarch
In cornstarch is less fats than in arrowroot flour.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in arrowroot flour and 0.05g/100g in cornstarch. In this case difference is about 100%.
- Carbohydrates91.27 g
- Fat0.05 g
- Dietary fiber0.9 g
- Protein0.26 g
- Water8.32 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 100% CARBS.
- 0% PROTEIN
- 0% FAT
Vitamins: arrowroot flour vs cornstarch
Compares of cornstarch
- Cornstarch vs Wheat Flour
- Cornstarch vs Potato Flour
- Cornstarch vs Arrowroot Flour
- Cornstarch vs All-Purpose Flour
- Cornstarch vs Fluor
- Cornstarch vs Baking Powder
- see all compares of cornstarch
Compares of arrowroot flour
- Calories from Cornstarch
- Calories of Sushi (general)
- Calories in Cobb salad
- Almond flour calories per 100g
- Cheese sandwich carbs per 100g
- Shrimp cocktail protein per 100g
- Whiskey and soda fat per 100g
- How many calories does Kit Kat White have?
- Calories in a half of gala apple
- Calories in whole gala apple
- Calories for one, two or more gala apples
- How much protein in peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
- All-Purpose Flour vs Wheat Flour nutrition
- All-Purpose Flour vs Oat Flour calories
- All-Purpose Flour vs Almond Flour protein
- All-Purpose Flour vs Cornstarch sugar
- Soba Noodles vs Quinoa vitamins
- Soba Noodles vs Raw Pasta dietary fiber
- Soba Noodles vs Brown Rice vitaminium C
- Soba Noodles vs Ramen Noodles magnessium
- Soba Noodles vs Rice Noodles potassium