Cornstarch: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Cornstarch: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in cornstarch?
Case in point, tablespoon of cornstarch (8 g) has about 30 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from tablespoon cornstarch is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 1.5 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you need to bike at least 4 minutes, swim for about 4 minutes or run for 3 minutes.
See all nutrition data of cornstarch on charts.
Cornstarch: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in tablespoon, teaspoon, cup or half cup of cornstarch?
As I wrote before 100g has 381 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. tablespoon, teaspoon, cup or half cup of cornstarch.
- Tablespoon of cornstarch (8g)30 kcal
- Teaspoon of cornstarch (3g)11 kcal
- Cup of cornstarch (128g)488 kcal
- Half cup of cornstarch (64g)244 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of cornstarch108 kcal
- 10g of cornstarch38 kcal
- 20g of cornstarch76 kcal
- 50g of cornstarch191 kcal
- 100g of cornstarch381 kcal
Protein in cornstarch
Cornstarch has 0.26 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of tablespoon of cornstarch (8 g) you can see that you will get about 0 g of protein.
Carbs in cornstarch
Cornstarch has 91.27 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that tablespoon of cornstarch (8 g) has about 7.3 g of carbs.
Fat in cornstarch
Cornstarch has 0.05 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that tablespoon of cornstarch (8 g) has about 0 g of fat.
tablespoon of cornstarch (8 g) has:30kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
cornstarch - vitamins per 100g
Energy content of cornstarch
- 100% CARBS
- 0% PROTEIN
- 0% FAT
cornstarch - minerals per 100g
- Potassium3 mg
- Magnessium3 mg
- Calcium2 mg
- Sodium9 mg
- Iron0.47 mg
Does cornstarch cause weight gain? How it affects your diet?
Extremely hight number of calories in cornstarch puts this product at the top of hight calorific grain products. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific grain products, cornstarch seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other grain products.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If cornstarch contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare cornstarch with other grain products
When you look at charts below you will see how cornstarch looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does wonton soup have?
- Calories in a half of peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- Calories in whole peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- Calories for one, two or more peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in brown rice flour?
- How much fat in buttercup squash?
- How much protein in stewed potatoes?
- What is weight of fried canadian bacon?
- Roasted peanuts calories per ounce (oz)
- Dried banana chips calories per serving size